Problem with load and save [It's not a bug]

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
It's here!
$4.95 USD
Creepy and nasty horror track. It's terrifying from the beginning till the end. Goosebumps guaranteed
  • Hi, can anyone help me with this ?.

In my game I use "save game" in certain areas of the map.

Then, when the player loses a life or continues the game the next day, then use "load" and allows to continue playing in a certain area.

The problem is that I do not know how to discount a life to the player since if I discount a life, then when I use "load" to continue in the last point saved, the lives are restored to that point and I get nothing.

Perhaps this helps the explanation:

You enter a new area of the game and you have 5 lives at that time.

The game is saved.

Later in that area you lose a life.

You discount that life and now you have 4 lives.

I charge the game to continue on the last saved item but then the lives are reset to 5 again!.

• "Later in that area you lose a life.

You discount that life and now you have 4 lives."

everytime you die, you need to make a save and the when, level is loaded it loads the last number of life saved.

everytime you load the level you need add the function load the last datas for life, gold, magic etc at "start of layout".

• "Later in that area you lose a life.

You discount that life and now you have 4 lives."

everytime you die, you need to make a save and the when then, level is loaded it loads the last number of life saved.

everytime you load the level you need add the function load the last datas for life, gold, magic etc

Do you mean to save the number of lives in a separate file at the time of death and then load it when a game is loaded ?.

• yes, but you load that only for the current level

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • yes, but you load that only for the current level

Okay, I understand, thanks, I'll try that.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)