Problem with pathfinding

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:29 pm

Hello,

I'm having issues with the Pathfinding behavior. First I'm sorry to have nothing to show because I can't reproduce the problem in a small simple project and mine is way too large for asking other people to work on it or find a mistake in it.

The problem I have is that sprites with Pathfinding behavior achieve to find path if the path is a straight line, but not if it needs to avoid obstacles. I have already verified the map (tilemap) and checked the pathfinding obstacle map and everything is ok. The sprites are stuck in "calculating" path. The behavior is set to custom and I add the tilemap at sprite creation, after tilemap is created. Changing to solid do not solve the problem.

I tested everything and tried to reproduce the error without success. I'm lost.

Anyone has ever encounter the same ?
B
S

Post » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:42 am

I did some tests, trying to reproduce the problem but failed. The only thing I discovered is it works under Firefox, but no under Chrome or NodeWebkit. I would like to make a desktop game, so export to NW.js...

The special things in my project are :
- two tilemaps (only one is given as obstacle to pathfinder)
- tilemaps randomly generated (obstacle given to pathfinder after map is generated)

Don't know if it's the cause.

Any idea ?
B
S

Post » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:31 pm

Sorry, finally this probably a bug, so I posted it here : bug-with-pathfinding-audio-and-chrome-nw-js_t128337
B
S

Return to How do I....?