Problem with pathfinding

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Units do not overlap each other and use different ways if there are several free ways.
  • Hello,

I'm having issues with the Pathfinding behavior. First I'm sorry to have nothing to show because I can't reproduce the problem in a small simple project and mine is way too large for asking other people to work on it or find a mistake in it.

The problem I have is that sprites with Pathfinding behavior achieve to find path if the path is a straight line, but not if it needs to avoid obstacles. I have already verified the map (tilemap) and checked the pathfinding obstacle map and everything is ok. The sprites are stuck in "calculating" path. The behavior is set to custom and I add the tilemap at sprite creation, after tilemap is created. Changing to solid do not solve the problem.

I tested everything and tried to reproduce the error without success. I'm lost.

Anyone has ever encounter the same ?

• I did some tests, trying to reproduce the problem but failed. The only thing I discovered is it works under Firefox, but no under Chrome or NodeWebkit. I would like to make a desktop game, so export to NW.js...

The special things in my project are :

• two tilemaps (only one is given as obstacle to pathfinder)
    • tilemaps randomly generated (obstacle given to pathfinder after map is generated)

Don't know if it's the cause.

Any idea ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry, finally this probably a bug, so I posted it here :

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)