Problem with performance on phone

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • My project runs perfectly while previewing on my laptop's browser. When running through Debug Mode the CPU usage is 20%.

While previewing on phone, it runs like 2 frames per second and causes the device to overheat. The problem is that my Samsung smartphone has no WebGL, so it uses its processor for rendering, and when previewing on phones that have WebGL (like Xperia), there is no problem at all, though it still overheats the phone...

So, I've seen many others have this problem, but can somebody actually share their solution?

• My project runs perfectly while previewing on my laptop's browser. When running through Debug Mode the CPU usage is 20%.

While previewing on phone, it runs like 2 frames per second and causes the device to overheat. The problem is that my Samsung smartphone has no WebGL, so it uses its processor for rendering, and when previewing on phones that have WebGL (like Xperia), there is no problem at all, though it still overheats the phone...

So, I've seen many others have this problem, but can somebody actually share their solution?

Use Unity for mobile games.

• > My project runs perfectly while previewing on my laptop's browser. When running through Debug Mode the CPU usage is 20%.

> While previewing on phone, it runs like 2 frames per second and causes the device to overheat. The problem is that my Samsung smartphone has no WebGL, so it uses its processor for rendering, and when previewing on phones that have WebGL (like Xperia), there is no problem at all, though it still overheats the phone...

> So, I've seen many others have this problem, but can somebody actually share their solution?

>

Use Unity for mobile games.

His answer for when it still doesn't work on Unity would be "buy a new phone".

Or you can post a capx of what you have and perhaps someone who's actually interested in helping with take a look at it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • My project is halfway done guys, how do you mean I should use Unity?

So you wanna say, apps made in Construct 2 are not intended to work well on phones? Well, that's a shame!..

• My project is halfway done guys, how do you mean I should use Unity?

So you wanna say, apps made in Construct 2 are not intended to work well on phones? Well, that's a shame!..

A lot of people has tried to use C2 to publish on mobile, but we get framerate and sound lag issues. However, I have read of some other people that have been successful, although I have no idea how.

I think your best bet is to ask for paid help, since mobile optimization and using XDK or phonegap is an art on itself.

• No construct 2 runs fine just use my mobile optimizing tutorial here

Also check my game called blast AD with 25-30 enemies onscreen with no lag and no trouble.

• To be specific, construct exported games that push the limits of device capabilities will not run well on phones that do not support webgl. Overheating of processor can be caused by inefficient events. 20% of a desktop CPU can be significantly more on a phone.

Basically, devices do have limits, and you need to design within those limits for whatever target for are aiming for. Changing engines will not magically remedy this.

• > My project is halfway done guys, how do you mean I should use Unity?

>

> So you wanna say, apps made in Construct 2 are not intended to work well on phones? Well, that's a shame!..

>

A lot of people has tried to use C2 to publish on mobile, but we get framerate and sound lag issues. However, I have read of some other people that have been successful, although I have no idea how.

I think your best bet is to ask for paid help, since mobile optimization and using XDK or phonegap is an art on itself.

How do you mean 'paid help'

And yes, I know games made in Construct 2 that run very good on my phone.

No construct 2 runs fine just use my mobile optimizing tutorial here

viewtopic.php?f=146&t=181811

Also check my game called blast AD with 25-30 enemies onscreen with no lag and no trouble.

To be specific, construct exported games that push the limits of device capabilities will not run well on phones that do not support webgl. Overheating of processor can be caused by inefficient events. 20% of a desktop CPU can be significantly more on a phone.

Basically, devices do have limits, and you need to design within those limits for whatever target for are aiming for. Changing engines will not magically remedy this.

Well, I've got over 300 objects (according to 'objectcount'), of which around 100-200 are on screen (they are small images drawn in C2), which are fixed and aren't moving at all, but serve as obstacles(except for the player and few others). These objects are differently positioned in each level. I have tested the game eliminating 70% of those blocks - there was no change in the performance.

So, I have no idea what else must be ruining it, my code is not an amateur one, everything is made in an efficient and flexible way (using less to accomplish a lot)......

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)