problem with physics - pinball "like" paddle jitter

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:33 pm

Message: brick334 can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Howdy

So, I'm trying to set up a simple flipper akin to what would be in a pinball machine. I found a nice tutorial that uses physics Behavior but when I run it, the paddle jitters up and down. It also seems to ignore my inputs. any suggestions?

so far this is what I've done.
  • Create the paddle
  • give it the Physics Behavior
  • set linear/angular damp to 1
  • For every tick > Create limited revolution joint ((Ive set it to an "anchor" in the scene))
  • added "add impulse" on click
  • every tick set impulse opposite to what is the click

by the by, this is the tut i was following.
https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/207/pinball-physics-to-the-max/page-1

thanks for any help.
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:11 pm

Well, you don't need to create a revolute joint every tick, doing it once at start should suffice like in the tutorial. Other than that if you've followed the tutorial it should work as far as I can tell. Are you sure you're applying impulse to the correct image point?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:14 am

Sup with that? wrote:Well, you don't need to create a revolute joint every tick, doing it once at start should suffice like in the tutorial. Other than that if you've followed the tutorial it should work as far as I can tell. Are you sure you're applying impulse to the correct image point?

I followed it down to the T but it seems I missed something. I'm rebuilding it again to see what i missed.
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:16 am

Not sure how, but this fixed it. Not sure how I did it but I did.
B
S

Return to How do I....?