Problem with Platform Behaviour

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Wanting to do a Shot n Run game easily? Here is your chance!
  • I have 2 capx files

with error

without error

both containing same events, same sprite,

everything is same but I don't know what is wrong with the second one

Why walk movement is not accurately

please take a look on both capx and help me to find out the problem.

• solved setting (on Mario sprite) bounding boxe for collision poligon, and bottom point for whole animation and all animations, sorry mi english (open pixture in new tabe to see full)

• I did also like you nn81. But my result was the same like from luckyrawatlucky. I must look what i did wrong...

• nothing happened with this

i set all frames to bounding box

• I did also like you nn81. But my result was the same like from luckyrawatlucky. I must look what i did wrong...

nothing happened with this

i set all frames to bounding box

bounding box of all frames of ALL ANIMATIONS? and all IMAGE POINTS of ALL ANIMATIONS too??

on my PC work > <

https://youtu.be/Wm3J1T8czvM

• luckyrawatlucky Open your ERROR file then open your ANIMATION. Here set image point to bottom and click apply to the whole animation. This will correct your movements. AT MOMENT YOUR IMAGE POINT IS IN CENTRE

• ok i got it

i never did bottom point

thanks to all

• solved setting (on Mario sprite) bounding boxe for collision poligon, and bottom point for whole animation and all animations, sorry mi english (open pixture in new tabe to see full)

just what im saying

• NN81 bounding box has nothing to do with. Bounding checks for collision.

• NN81 bounding box has nothing to do with. Bounding checks for collision.

i know but if you read well my feedback instruction or see the right side of the picture opening it on new tab, or see the video you notice that i change the image point too.

i have change collision too because some of the sprite coming with box others with poligons, so for uniforming all.

• NN81 sorry my mistake

• NN81 sorry my mistake

nevermind, I think it's more important to understand the mechanics of the problem.

The verification condition "on the floor" was missing because the first frame of the "walk" animation was diffrent size of the others, so different size with same origin point make a looping condition at object positioning "on the floor" - "not on the floor" that cause the issue. To make it simple, the problem could also be solved simply resizing and stretching the frame at 16x30pixel into 16x32

Without making any other changes at image points or collision boxes.

• NN81 man you do go on what the point you are better than me

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • luckyrawatlucky understand? the verification condition "on the floor" was missing because the first frame of the "walk" animation was 16x30, a different size of the others they are 16x32, so different size with same origin point make a looping condition at object positioning -> "on the floor" - > "not on the floor" that cause the switching animation graphic jump/walk issue. To make it simple, the problem could also be solved simply resizing and stretching the frame at 16x30pixel into 16x32

Without making any other changes at image points or collision boxes.

• Yes Sir !

Now I understand the logic behind that issue

Thank you for your brief explanation

Actually I was working for my tutorial which is now uploaded

Please have a look on

Subscribe to Construct videos now
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)