Problem with side scrolling ship

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:12 pm

You need a certain level of reputation points amongst other things, see the URL posting limitations forum thread. I'll take a look at your .capx now.
Founder of Jadelight Studio, Developer of Libertas Aedifex, regular C2 Help contributor and fan of ambient music and Star Wars.
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:16 pm

The ship isn't flying off the screen when I test it in both Chrome and Firefox, it works fine. Which browser/platform are you previewing with, it loaded Firefox first rather than Chrome (which is my default) so I'm assuming that? Try clearing the browser cache (Ctrl + Shift + Delete) and closing the browser fully, then debugging again. I have caching issues sometimes as well.
Founder of Jadelight Studio, Developer of Libertas Aedifex, regular C2 Help contributor and fan of ambient music and Star Wars.
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:35 pm

martinDrew Give me little time and I will sort it for you. Okey
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:38 pm

I flushed my cache, but I'm still having the same problem. Here's the updated capx with the code I was referring to. Supposedlly it's supposed to make the ship stay on screen somehow but it doesn't, so I'm basically looking for another solution to the problem, since Bound to Layout doesn't work in this instance for some reason.

Also thanks shiva for taking a look at it. I appreciate all the help I can get. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Note: Deleted my post as it introduced more issues, ha ha. Will work on it a bit more. Sorry, that's what I get debugging near 1am, :P.
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:55 pm

Here try this I have just added scrollto in player behaiour
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:56 pm

@martinDrew Actually fixed and attached this time, :). Had to make a new layer for the Robots and place it above the Player layer, then do what I said before I edited my above post and set the Player layer's Parallax value to 0, 0. Just adding ScrollTo like above won't work as the ship will still go off the screen to the left as the camera control itself doesn't prevent object movement.
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:14 pm

@Shiva I tried to open that file but unfortunately you must be using a beta version of Construct, r179, and the free version is still r178.

@inquiesco The parallax thing worked perfect. I figured out the enemy ship issue, I was more concerned with my ship. I just dropped them in there to see if I set up a level would it still scroll through it :P I've only been using construct 2 for a few days, doing as many tutorials as I can get my hands on. I'm still a little iffy on using a lot of the events, but I suppose getting that down will come in time. I appreciate the help you guys. Community is a major factor for me when choosing software. You guys are awesome.
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:17 pm

@martinDrew No problem, happy to help! If you have any future questions just include my name in the post if you want me to take a gander and I'll get a notification (though I'll likely see it as I live half in my game developing, half in assisting people). The way I see it, we've all been (or currently going) through learning processes and everyone learns differently, so why not help everyone and see what they can do, :). Part of the fun of creativity is seeing what other people can make.

Indeed, you'll get the hang of it in time, I've spent the last four or five days working on my game full-time as I'm seeing if I can make a career or at least a side job while I study a Bachelor of Education next year and have most of what I need for my type of game under my belt, which is a scrolling shooter... of sorts... so I can probably help you out quite quick, ha ha. But when games are your passion, even jumping hurdles is fun if you enjoy a challenge (or maybe I just like to torture myself).
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:21 pm

That's awesome, I'll do that. you mentioned it being 1am there, what part of the world are you from? This seems like a very diverse community, people from all over the place.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Beginner's Questions