Problem with side scrolling ship

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:03 am

Indeed you can shoot things on different layers. Can't remember off-hand if the normal collision events will work, but overlap checks will, which act similarly as two objects can't overlap if they've not 'collided'.
Founder of Jadelight Studio, Developer of Libertas Aedifex, regular C2 Help contributor and fan of ambient music and Star Wars.
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:11 am

in order to actually shoot things, do they have to be on the same layer? No they don't
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:24 am

Thanks guys. I appreciate the help.

@inquiesco I shot you a couple emails. On the game front, I started fleshing out the levels. I use inkscape to map them out before hand with shapes and text because its fast and easy to do. I'm mostly ignoring graphics in my game until I get a handle on most of the game play.
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:47 am

@MartinDrew Saw them and responded, :). Prototyping of visuals and focussing on game-play is always a good idea, once that backbone is established the rest of the game clicks into place for the most part. At least, that's what I'm finding currently with the enemy AI you saw in the video I sent you. Also, once I searched up the game you mentioned I remembered I had seen it! Didn't know it was made in C2, interesting to know that multi-player is feasible for the style of game-play within the C2 engine. Might have to introduce some multi-player in the next game.
Founder of Jadelight Studio, Developer of Libertas Aedifex, regular C2 Help contributor and fan of ambient music and Star Wars.
B
S

Previous

Return to Beginner's Questions