Problem with SpriteFont

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:15 pm

Yes in the layout editor. Driver issue would affect every single project using SpriteFont with Tint effects, but this bug is related to that specific file - every other project file using same setup of SpriteFont/Tint works just fine.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:36 pm

This has been happening for me and my teammates since spritefont was added. You can 'fix' it by temporarily disabling WebGL.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:11 pm

As @blackhornet suggested
drag the first blue spritefont left to a negative X position

is better solution, at least for me because everything then backs to normal.

Disabling WebGL means you are disabling all effects use in project, and it's a pain to set all the Tints if you have to constantly switch WebGL on and off.
@blackhornet solutions still works for me, but have to do this every time I open this projects.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:43 pm

I've always had that in the layout editor as well.

Many times you can grab one of the boxes and drag it in circles around the screen and all the previews will snap into place. Then drop it, hit undo to put it back, and your good until next session.

different X/Y Parallax on layers will cause weird fisheye affects on layers sometimes too, that trick also fixes this.

However the trick doesn't always work.

Here's a Youtube Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxLsgLULSPk
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:29 pm

At this time I'm pretty sure this is not a driver bug. I've tested this project file on few setups:
- my pc integrated Intel HD graphics (newest drivers possible)
- my pc with new Geforce 780 (newest drivers possible)
- my brothers pc with some ATI card (newest drivers possible)
- my brothers laptop with some integrated nvidia card (newest drivers possible)
- my fathers very old laptop with some ATI card (newest drivers possible)

On every one of this setups SpriteFont issue is present in this particular project file. Also I've made few new projects trying to recreate that issue (on every of these computers) without success. Every new project I made was displaying properly.

So yes, this is not a driver bug - unless all currently available new drivers are broken. My current drivers for Geforce 780 are from 3/10/2014 version 335.23.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General