Problem with uploaded game on public domain

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:20 pm

Hello I have a problem when I upload the game in my public domain; it shows the following error in the java console error: "NS_ERROR_FAILURE: Failure" and the line that point to is this one:

cr.isPOT = function (x)
     {
          return x > 0 && ((x - 1) & x) === 0;
     };

The wierd thing is that when I load the game from another PC and my PC acts like de web server it loads with no error, and the game stars with no problem. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I have only one layer, with 6 events, and one event with on touched object.
B
3
Posts: 9
Reputation: 443

Post » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:35 pm

I think the problem is in the sprites, cause I erase all the sprites and the page loads fine.
B
3
Posts: 9
Reputation: 443

Post » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:20 pm

Please see how to report bugs. Can you share your .capx and a link to the game running online?

It is a very strange error, so I have no idea why it would come up.
Scirra Founder
B
359
S
214
G
72
Posts: 22,952
Reputation: 178,600

Post » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:35 pm

I really don't know what happen, I had r95 installed; I supposed it was a bug so I updated to r101, but I kept getting the same error; than I downgraded to r90 and I still get the error, after that I restart my computer and export the project again and it works; so right now I'm working on r90; maybe was the latest java update that needed to be install and to restart my computer. If it happens again I will post it with all the complete file, steps and specifications.
B
3
Posts: 9
Reputation: 443

Post » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:25 pm

I strongly recommend you do not use older releases, because often we have fixed serious bugs such as project corruption! This sounds like it might be a Firefox bug rather than a problem with Construct 2 - I really think you should use r95 or r101 to make sure you don't run in to problems we've already fixed. Anyway, if you use Chrome, does the problem go away? That would prove it's a Firefox problem and not C2's fault.
Scirra Founder
B
359
S
214
G
72
Posts: 22,952
Reputation: 178,600

Post » Fri May 03, 2013 9:09 am

Hi,
I had the same problem and noticed a few things you can try too:
- It loads in Chrome and not in Firefox
- One sprite loaded as a gray box (in Chrome).

After checking things, the NAME of this sprite included an accentuated letter ().
Since C2 write the file name according to the sprite name within the project, it had got the accentuated letter.
It was working fine on 127.0.0.1 but not on remote server, so it's not a bug in C2.
I changed sprite name and it's working fine.
B
12
S
2
G
3
Posts: 16
Reputation: 2,813

Post » Fri May 03, 2013 10:41 am

@j2l - be aware that this is a closed bug report, so most likely nobody is looking at this thread any more.
Scirra Founder
B
359
S
214
G
72
Posts: 22,952
Reputation: 178,600

Post » Wed May 15, 2013 10:12 am

Thanks Ashley,
It was just for people like me using Google with "site:scirra.com"
B
12
S
2
G
3
Posts: 16
Reputation: 2,813


Return to Closed bugs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest