Problem with walking animation

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:49 pm

Hi everyone, I need some help. I'm working on a game and at the moment I'm in the animation stage. I'm working on animating the players legs at the moment but for some reason it doesn't work properly when you walk diagonally. See for yourself, here's the cap: [url:3bhujxrc]http://download654.mediafire.com/tnii3omagmmg/rdw2jtdlqzm/survival.cap[/url:3bhujxrc]

wasd to "move".

edit: fixed link
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:22 am

Sorry to bump this so early but I am honestly stumped trying to fix this myself. It doesn't look like a difficult problem for someone in the know to figure out. Please help!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:46 am

Some of your events are conflicting with each other. For example, you have a "Key S is down" event and a "Key S is down AND Key D is down" event, both of which can be true at the same time. You need to add additional checks to some of the events to see whether certain keys are NOT down. Here's a fixed CAP:

Fixed Walking Animation

The changed events are commented and bookmarked so you know which ones received changes.

Hope this helps. :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:56 am

Thanks so much! It seems so obvious to me now. I've been away from Construct for a while and it looks like I've forgotten a few things. Thanks again :)
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic