Problems exporting my app

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The internet is bombarded daily with new apps (app is the short term for application)
  • Hi everyone!

I'm new on Construct 2 and I'm having some issues.

My main problem now is when I export to Phonegap to android device. I select apk, aupload the files as *.zip.. everything seems ok. Install the app... and then a blank screen.

Ideas, suggestions??

Thanks in advance!

• Can somebody help me please. I can't fix it.

• When you go to zip up your exported files, don't include the "phonegap" JS file.

Should work then.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Intrepid, is this a bug in Construct 2's export to PhoneGap? Last I tried the PhoneGap JS file was required, have they changed this now?

• Ashley, I think right now it's with phonegap. Leaving out the JS file

worked in R80.2 and R82 exports, so I don't think it's Construct.

• Intrepid, I just tried exporting a PhoneGap test app in r83, I left in the PhoneGap.js file, and it worked fine. So I don't think that's the problem. Are you sure it's not the export bug in r81? Inni, what version of C2 are you using?

• Ashley, I just tried exporting in R83, and leaving the phonegap.js

file still results in a white screen. It's just 1 layout with 1 sprite.

Are you changing anything in the JS file, or doing something different

than what the guide/tutorial says?

• Intrepid, no, just a straightforward export, zip and upload to PhoneGap Build. I ran it on a HTC Sensation running Android 2.3, what did you run it on?

Since we haven't figured out what's wrong yet you should be aware that not including phonegap.js might break it for other phones. It's a required file.

• maybe something is wrong in phonegap.js??

• same for me. Not including phonegsp.js makes it work.

• Ashley, I'm testing on an HTC Evo 4G, running android 2.3.5.

These are what I'm testing with:

With JS

Without JS

It's just 3 red rectangles. Is it alright if I try out your test file

(with the JS file) on my phone?

• having the same problem, if i include phonegap.js i get a blank screen.

Excluding it makes my game work on my android

• Hi guys, has anyone had any luck with this on Android Emulators from Android Virtual Devices (http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html)? I created a virtual device for Android 4.0.3, and created an export from Phone Gap, but I also get a blank white screen for my games.

I've tried removing the phonegap.js, but it doesn't seem to solve the problem. I haven't had time to try it out with other versions yet, but will give it a go over the weekend. Has anyone else had any luck with the emulator? If so what versions did you use?

• Previously I tried exporting to Phonegap and I hit the same white screen error as some guys here encountered. I tried changing the index.html file to something like below and it works on my samsung tab 10. On my samsung tab 7 it seems to be cut off, and on my htc phone it just went screwy. From my testing, I deduced that the cause of it is the javascript code that resizes the canvas through jquery is bugged. I modified the resize code and currently the resizing works so far, although I need to do a lot more test...

index.html code below, replace your with this one and recompile your apk.

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>

<head>

<title>My Project</title>

<meta charset="UTF-8" />

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery-1.7.1.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="c2runtime.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

// Start the Construct 2 project running on window load.

jQuery(document).ready(function ()

{

// Create new runtime using the c2canvas

cr.createRuntime("c2canvas" );

});

</script>

</head>

<body leftmargin="0px" topmargin="0px" marginwidth="0px" marginheight="0px">

<canvas id="c2canvas" width="1280" height="800" oncontextmenu="return false;">

</canvas>

</body>

</html>

• Aha! Thanks Purple, that did the trick!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)