Problems importing sound.

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Best soundtracks for any game. High quality and engaging assets.
  • I have looked around the forum and read the manual. I have looked at the bug reporting bit and there are similar issues mentioned but it says they they have been resolved. I looked at the bug submitting form and cant see how I could make my issue fit the form and dont know how you could prove the negative. The issue is that every time I try to import a wav file it says it failed to make an ogg file. I made some flac files and tried with the and the same thing. I used audacity made some ogg files, imported them but they would not work. I cant figure out what the problem is. I have noticed that the wav files I have been trying to import are not 44100 but I dont know if that would be the issue.

Any answers/suggestions?

• I have looked around the forum and read the manual. I have looked at the bug reporting bit and there are similar issues mentioned but it says they they have been resolved. I looked at the bug submitting form and cant see how I could make my issue fit the form and dont know how you could prove the negative. The issue is that every time I try to import a wav file it says it failed to make an ogg file. I made some flac files and tried with the and the same thing. I used audacity made some ogg files, imported them but they would not work. I cant figure out what the problem is. I have noticed that the wav files I have been trying to import are not 44100 but I dont know if that would be the issue.

Any answers/suggestions?

I found THIS post from Ashley that says:

[quote:2uofrnsc]What format are the .wavs that you're trying to import? Check they're 16-bit PCM at a reasonable sample rate (e.g. 44100). You can get all sorts of exotic formats in WAV files and the AAC and Ogg encoders don't support all the same ones.

All I can suggest is can you provide a link for any of your wav files so we can try?

• Well I have two wav files on dropbox you can look at that will not import : www.dropbox.com/s/6ynmi110qtcy4f1/BaritoneFast.wav?dl=0

www.dropbox.com/s/la92ajedid1c8qw/bee.wav?dl=0

the first definately seems to be the right format to me.

Anyway I have found that some do work and some do not. However I downloaded this free program http://www.freac.org and run the same files through that to convert them to ogg and m4a and import them then everything works just fine.

• There was definitely something wrong with the encoding of the BaritoneFast.wav. When trying to import C2 said the file was invalid. You can also tell if you open the file in a binary editor such as UltraEdit.

I loaded it into audacity and just re-saved as a standard 16bit PCM wav and it imported perfectly.

It looks like you have found a way to successfully encode anyway, so all's well, I suppose

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • yeah its just that if you are not all that ofay with sound files its a bit difficult to know what should work and why it would or wouldnt. There were plenty of other ones yesterday, I downloaded them off one of those free sites but dont have time to wade through them all to figure out the intracies of wave file differences. I am hoping if I just process them all through this freac I wont have to think about it Thanks

• I used cloud converter, to convert music to ogg file.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)