Problems with sound & touch controls on iOS

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:20 am

Hi,
I'm quite pleased with myself for creating my first (very basic!) game:Crazy Parkour Dude

I have two problems when trying to play on mobile devices - either on Scirra Arcade or on LAN preview:

1) No sound on iOS (after a slight delay the sound works on Android)
2) The touch controls work, but not the same as keyboard controls - my character doesn't move or jump as much as he does on the PC. This makes the game unplayable.

I'm running the latest Construct2 2 on Windows 8.1 with ogg sound file. My iPad is a new mini with retina display I also tried on iPhone 4 and Motorola Xoom. I've tried Chrome & Safari - both have the same issues.

I can post screenshots of events & more info if required. I'll be very grateful for any help.

Cheers,
Martin
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:46 am

Different browsers/OS need sound in different formats.

manual entry for audio help can be found here

Post a link to your capx and we might be able to spot the problem with the touch control
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:23 pm

Thanks - I think I've worked it out. I had 8 directional movement AND platformer movement and hadn't replicated both via touch.

I think the sound issue was that I only had ogg. When I convert to wav and re-import, Construct2 converts to different formats and this makes the sound work.

BTW - I used to dream of a 16k RAM pack for my ZX81 - never got one, so never had probs with wobble :)

Cheers,
Martin
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:12 pm

It normally turns out to be something simple/overlooked - 9 times out of 10 you can spot it as soon as you post in the "How do I" forum

How did we ever get anything into 16k never mind 1k ?
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?