Programer Construct 2-Point & Click Game

Looking to build a team or have a job to offer?

Post » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:31 am

Hello everyone =)

I'm almost done with my Vancouver Film School education and I'm going to create a 2D Point & Click adventure game. My goal in life is to become a successful producer and create great IP for people to enjoy.

The core game idea is that you have lost your partner and you begin your quest to find him/her/it and to your help you have glitch, which is a "bug" inside the game, who will help you through out the game or just annoying you, since you lost your partner. This happens in a kingdom where the mad king is ruling, every good game needs a mad king, everyone knows that... or... anyhow.

I need someone to help me out to program this game, it's including getting all the mechanics to work with user stories. Implement animation, objects and also sound, sound is more or less 50% of the game.

The team so far is 2-3 animators, 2 Designers, 1 composer and 1 sound designer.

Should also mention that this is a free gig, but if everything goes well, this demo will be used as a proof of concept and will gather money from investors to make the complete game and you who help out with the demo will be asked first to join the team.

It might be possible to get something in return, talking about some money and the personal version, if not having it already.

If you are interested, please PM me

Here is a small concept art for the game:
HeroBiX2013-08-29 17:08:14
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:36 pm

@HeroBiX
Sorry, this is off topic.

You are going VFS. That's amusing. My wife works there as afternoon security :D I'm pondering if she has ever had to do access control with you :D

ok on topic briefly. Are you looking for a programmer or a C2 programmer? You post count is really low; there is nothing wrong with that; but I want to be clear what kind of developer your looking for.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:46 pm

WOW! that's awesome! then I might have meet her, which building does she usually take care off?

I'm looking at using Construct 2 as an engine, I have start putting things together myself and realize it takes up a lot of time and I rather put that time on promoting the game and telling people that it's coming up

if the programer wants to work on a different engine, it's fine to do so, but only for the next 1 or 2 weeks, else I have done to far into programming it myself in Construct 2 so we would lose a lot of time

hope my answer is clear =)

(Edit)
Forgot, yes, I know my rep is low, I recently joined the forum, since before I found most of the answers around when searching for it.

I have a website: herobix.com if you and other people want to check out what I have done before in producing and other project I worked onHeroBiX2013-08-29 19:47:29
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:35 pm

Not to detract from C2 (obviously) but wouldn't you be better off using a program specifically geared towards point 'n' click type games, such as the Wintermute engine?
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:41 am

Been all over the place with engines, I was first going for Unity, the school has classes about Unity and a lot of the people I know can use Unity. Then I got introduced to Construct 2 from one of the instructors from Game Design. I liked it and I had a friend told me: Go Construct 2. Meaning, there are better engine suited for Point & Click games, but with construct 2, I have support both from school, a great forum and friends who has been using it.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:42 am

[QUOTE=HeroBiX] WOW! that's awesome! then I might have meet her, which building does she usually take care off?

I'm looking at using Construct 2 as an engine, I have start putting things together myself and realize it takes up a lot of time and I rather put that time on promoting the game and telling people that it's coming up

if the programer wants to work on a different engine, it's fine to do so, but only for the next 1 or 2 weeks, else I have done to far into programming it myself in Construct 2 so we would lose a lot of time

hope my answer is clear =)

(Edit)
Forgot, yes, I know my rep is low, I recently joined the forum, since before I found most of the answers around when searching for it.

I have a website: herobix.com if you and other people want to check out what I have done before in producing and other project I worked on[/QUOTE]

I'm not really sure. She goes between 3 different buildings. The only one I meet her at is the one across from the Scientology and next to academy Duelo.

I would love to join, but I'm busy trying to finish a prior project. I hope you find the guy your looking for. Crummy to miss out an opportunity to work with locals :D, but maybe the future when you need to expand to more than 1 developer and I'm more free.

I was only noticing the low rep because every so often some one comes onto the site for programmers for C++, ObjC so on.

Well i never. Imagine that there are students at VFS using C2. Sorta cool :D. You know Scirra held a London meet for C2 users. Besides VFS I've come across a few other Vancouver region developers. Although I can't remember there names.Maybe some point we should hold a meet up :D

jayderyu2013-08-30 08:58:04
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:11 pm

I'm not really sure. She goes between 3 different buildings. The only one I meet her at is the one across from the Scientology and next to academy Duelo.

I would love to join, but I'm busy trying to finish a prior project. I hope you find the guy your looking for. Crummy to miss out an opportunity to work with locals :D, but maybe the future when you need to expand to more than 1 developer and I'm more free.

I was only noticing the low rep because every so often some one comes onto the site for programmers for C++, ObjC so on.

Well i never. Imagine that there are students at VFS using C2. Sorta cool :D. You know Scirra held a London meet for C2 users. Besides VFS I've come across a few other Vancouver region developers. Although I can't remember there names.Maybe some point we should hold a meet up :D

[/QUOTE]

Thats a bumer, hope your other projects goes well =) Feels like a wrong place to look for C++ and ObjC programmers oO

On the Game Design campus they are using Construct 2 now in their HTML5 class and thats how I heard about it, was sneaking around in the Game Desing Campus =)

(Edit)
Since my rep is low, can you send me a private message and lets continue talking there =) HeroBiX2013-08-30 19:14:17
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:30 am

I created this with construct2 about a year ago as a proof of concept for a touch&go adventure-game, but never finished it:

Leaving Nic's Vegas

My knowledge of Construct2 has improved a lot, unfortunately I'm really busy with another program at this moment, but If advice is needed on how to implement point&click related programming, feel free to ask.
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:20 pm

I can't imagine the core code for the Point and Click to be all that much. The real effort is animation syncing and then just building the graphical story. I can already figure putting together the basics in a day and linking them to string function calls, and string named animation sets would probably be easy. as with moving from layout to layout.

If the programmer had a good layout of all the interactions in the game. It could probably be done relativity soon and get the game into playable stage quicklu

The hard part to this either everyone uses a shared core Plugin set to create the scenes, or the programmer needs to write the tools for the story guys.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:37 am

[QUOTE=LittleStain] I created this with construct2 about a year ago as a proof of concept for a touch&go adventure-game, but never finished it:

http://www.littlestain.com/vegas/

My knowledge of Construct2 has improved a lot, unfortunately I'm really busy with another program at this moment, but If advice is needed on how to implement point&click related programming, feel free to ask.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much =) I will keep you posted =)
B
S
G

Next

Return to Job Offers and Team Requests