Progressing to another level?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:45 am

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60325262/EDITEDWTFISGOINGON.capx

That is all I was able to come up with, it just leaves the screen blank and the saucer keeps going. All this is confusing me. @A@
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:06 am

[QUOTE=Kyatric]Considering levels that all use the same mechanics (coded in an event sheet that is set as the event sheet for all level layouts) [/QUOTE]

Your "Layout 1" is set to work with "Event sheet 1", your "Level 2" is set to work with "Event sheet 4".
You don't need to duplicate the sheets, just set all layouts to the SAME event sheet.

Also the name of your level is "Level 2", you forgot the space in the action.
Also you don't need to test for the level number as it is increased automaticly.

Fixed capx (without sounds, yeah for slow connexions)Kyatric2012-02-23 02:07:23
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:17 am

I keep getting this even in the file you fixed after I beat the aliens.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:11 pm

Any tips on what to do about that problem?

EDIT- All it seems to do is restart the game which is good but the score goes back to 0 as well. Also "GAME OVER" and such stay on the screen the whole time.Sheep2012-02-23 21:30:09
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:18 am

Hello Sheep

I fixed your .capx. The reason it was doing that was because you had your alien, player, base, and enemy bullet set to destroy instead of invisible. I also had to set them to visible on start of layout so they would show when the game is restarted. I had to do a few more things to your game to get it to all work correctly but it took me so long to fix I forgot what I all did. Just compare your .capx form Kyatric to mine to see what I all changed.

O'ya If you loos the game it will display all that stuff I fixed but if you kill all the enemies it will just automatically reset your score, and start from the beginning again. I didn't know if that is what you wanted or not so I left that part up to you. You could make it so that it keeps your last score, and gets harder every time you kill all the enemies, or you could just have it display the game over stuff after the first time.

Anyway here is your .capx:

.capx
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:54 am

Wink- Thank you for fixing the error about the stuff appearing but when the aliens respawn they don't shoot anymore. How would I go about making the score stay the same and getting harder to play? Also if it's not difficult how would I go about adding another row of different aliens? I designed 2 more but am not sure how to add them, I only want them when it gets a little harder or from the start but all aliens moving slower.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:15 am

Sheep did you start your game from your Title tab in C2? Because the aliens shoot for me after they re-spawn.

I honestly don't know if I can get the score to stay the same after you clear a level, or make the aliens move faster each level, or add another row each level. Your style of game building is so different than mine. Honestly I don't understand how your game works. It took me hours of trial, and error just to get this far with it. I really don't think I could do all of that without completely rebuilding it from scratch. I would have used more than one layer.

But if no one else is willing to help you I will have another look at your game latter this weekend when I have more time.Wink2012-02-24 06:16:59
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:51 am

This game has been edited by probably like 7 different people already.
I previewed it from the event sheet 1 I believe but that shouldn't effect whether or not the aliens shoot bullets again I don't think.

I have attempted to make the game as simple as I could but it's so difficult. XD
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:58 am

For some reason that I haven't figured out yet if you preview your game from different parts of your game it does different things. Just try previewing it from the Title tab once that seems to work for me.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:14 am

I made a comment but it didn't work...

Anyway yeah I am planning to remake this from scratch but there is still SOOO much I don't understand that my plans on having this finished by the end of this month have been squashed. I've been working on this game like a week or two now and can't figure some things out.

My brother helped me design 2 more aliens that I want to add in so they come in after like 3 levels each and the first that comes in (1st row of one of the new aliens) takes 2 shots to kill and the second (second row of the other alien) takes 3. Plus we make a cool boss I want to make shoot 2 bullets a time, move left and right kind of quick. Go left and right more than once before moving down a row and take like 8 shots to kill.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?