Project Zan

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Howdy ya'll I've started work on a new game yesterday currently entitled Project Zan. I'm still newish to Construct 2 and the forums, but I thought I'd share what I have so far. All artwork and animations were done by me. Right now you can run/jump and there are a few obstacles in the way. There is a buggy health bar and a death scenario. Tomorrow I plan on creating more scenery pieces and doing an attack animation.

Game-type: 2D Plat-former/Smash up

Synopsis: Zan comes from an alien race that gets immense joy from destroying things with their hands. It is almost orgasmic for him and his race to smash things with their sledge hammer like fists. Sadly due to their love of destruction Zan's home planet has been all, but completely destroyed. Zan decided to rocket himself into outer space in search of other worlds his people would be able to live on. Upon landing on these other worlds his urges get the best of him and the lust to destroy overwhelms him. You will destroy obstacles, enemies, and eventually entire worlds. For you are Zan, the destroyer.

UPDATE: 1.0
----------------
Buggy attack animation added.
Stage 1 Redesign.

LINK
----------
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72974151/ZanProject/index.html
----------

CONCEPT ART
------------
VictoryX2013-11-18 00:38:57
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:34 pm

Looks like it could be cool. Though I wanted to be able to smash something! ;) Nice work on the art so far.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:06 am

Thanks for the compliment, I just finished the attack animation so I will be introducing that shortly. I finally had a eureka moment and figured out the storyline, which up until this point had eluded me.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:46 pm

Just exported a new build that can be accessed from the link above.

UPDATES
---------
HUD Added
Attack Animation Added (Spacebar)
New Stages Added
Title Screen Added
Stage Goal Added
Bear Trap Added

I've also been working on a enemy. I have him drawn up just need to add animations will probably work on that today.

Attacks by throwing Acorns at you, will be introduced at stage 5.

Also working on design for stage 4.

All input welcome.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:17 pm

Worked pretty good and got to smash some hehe.

I found that zan moved quite 'fast', perhaps some movement can be smoothened ? not sure, but might be worth looking into.

Zan looks like an ebil android
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:19 pm

pretty funny artwork. :)like this squirrel with the mindcraft head :D

Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:10 pm

Nice Good luck with your game
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:17 pm

The smash ability could be really cool if you ran with it. Many, many things could be smashable! Walls, trees, rocks, blocks...anything really :) There could be neat little puzzles involving smashing things. I would enjoy that immensely. Can't wait to see what you do.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:11 am

Thanks for all the great feedback. My idea is that since Zan gets this orgasmic pleasure from smashing things, that will be how you heal yourself. In the end everything will pretty much be smashable, trees, bushes, traps, enemies. Also at the end of the levels when you hit the TNT plungers the entire level will blow up rocketing you into the next level. Once you beat all the levels of that world, the entire planet blows up and you are rocketed back into space until you land on another world to destroy. Game title may become ZAN: The Destroyer. Once you have beaten all the worlds, it will show Zan floating in space then getting sucked into a blackhole, opening it up to a sequel with new worlds.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:16 am

Zan sequel... Zan finally discovers a planet which he falls in love with and decides to settle down rather then destroy it. But then, Oh no... Here comes another member of Zan's race to destroy his beloved planet!!! Better recruit some of those former enemy squirrels to help you defend your new planet from being smashed! ;)
B
S
G

Next

Return to Completed Creations