Proper cloning

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • I'll bet this has been suggested already (I couldn't see anything though)... if so then please delete and point me to where it has been asked already.

When cloning an object (copy / paste clone), it should really be like an exact duplicate of that object, effects and behaviours included. This enables easier level editing and testing. Especially for physics stuff. This is something I noticed from the first time I toyed with Construct. Now that I'm testing physics stuff it's just more noticable.

Would be nice to see this fixed for a future update

• Yeah for 0.99 i'm going to go over all the stuff like that and code a proper system that allows you to paste/clone objects with all their effects, behaviours, variables, attributes, families, etc and move them between applications. I also plan to have events copying event sheets between applications too. Hopefully once objects copy across properly (remembering their behaviours etc) it will be possible to make entire layers and entire layouts copy across. I'm also toying with the idea of having event groups linked to objects, so if you copy an object from one application to another, it will also copy a group of events...but yeah its gonna be quite a challenge

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah for 0.99 i'm going to go over all the stuff like that and code a proper system that allows you to paste/clone objects with all their effects, behaviours, variables, attributes, families, etc and move them between applications. I also plan to have events copying event sheets between applications too. Hopefully once objects copy across properly (remembering their behaviours etc) it will be possible to make entire layers and entire layouts copy across. I'm also toying with the idea of having event groups linked to objects, so if you copy an object from one application to another, it will also copy a group of events...but yeah its gonna be quite a challenge

Perfect. I need all of that. Taken together, it's almost like a way to make custom behaviors that you code with construct.

• [quote:3ed42ssu]Yeah for 0.99 i'm going to go over all the stuff like that and code a proper system that allows you to paste/clone objects with all their effects, behaviours, variables, attributes, families, etc and move them between applications. I also plan to have events copying event sheets between applications too. Hopefully once objects copy across properly (remembering their behaviours etc) it will be possible to make entire layers and entire layouts copy across. I'm also toying with the idea of having event groups linked to objects, so if you copy an object from one application to another, it will also copy a group of events...but yeah its gonna be quite a challenge

Awesome! Looking forward to that! It wouldn't be fun if it wasn't a challenge right?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)