Properties for some behaviors - request

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:28 am

@irbis
While I agree with your point of view to certain degree, being a douchebag wont help your public image wchich certainly can have effect on if Ashley will take you seriously to change something in c2 you suggest.
B
S

Post » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:13 pm

PKrawczynski wrote:@irbis
While I agree with your point of view to certain degree, being a douchebag wont help your public image wchich certainly can have effect on if Ashley will take you seriously to change something in c2 you suggest.

i give what i recive. nothing more, nothing less.
I am crawling this forum from 5 years and, i really em way too old to care about my public image(left alone its totaly not the subject of this thread) or sweet talk when i know i am right.
And i much rather prefer a honest douchbag rather then polite ignorant.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:48 pm

I'm with Shinkan and Irbis on this one. Each property SHOULD have an action/condition/expression to go along with it so it can be manipulated at runtime. It's common sense.

Though honestly I think behaviors should be completely dropped from C2 because

-They can be made with events
-Would be far more customizable
-Would teach the user how to code better
-Would clear up numerous bug reports and beginner topics
-Would save Ashley a lot of time.

buuut I doubt that will ever happen so whatever..back on topic..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:44 pm

@MadFactory a bit of a mixed message there, although very nicely put never the less!

Although I get the feeling that some of you C2 seasoned guys here in the forums are a bit, as you said it, out of topic. I mean, we ARE talking about improving and needing things on a software that is being advertised and being sold for being able to deliver games with out code (the no programming required is a bit misleading, but you get what I mean). If you strip off behaviors and do all stuff with events (even physics I'd assume), what is stopping you to create your own engine from scratch? No need for middle-ware, just code.

Obviously I am being sarcastic, but more often than I would have thought, people here in the forums assume that everyone is a coder and there is no need for C2 to be easy for people that are coming from different disciplines and try to be creative with out hiring a team of programmers.
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General