Proposal: Official construct Showreel

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:53 pm

Hi.

It doesn't matter if graphics for the video made in construct or not! I think in the showreel should be only games made in Construct, but not a logo or graphic design. Our task is to make a presentation which will delight and enchant the viewer and motivate him to try the program.

Graphic design in the video is one of the most important things, and if this requires the use of additional software packages - there is nothing wrong with that, on the contrary it will give more professional and high quality look.

It's great that many people want to participate in creating the showreel, offer their version of the logo, style and graphics ... This is certainly good, but in this case we need to determine in advance who will make a video and the graphic design that none of us would not spent time and energy wasted.

The fact is that with the beginning of this topic together with my colleagues at work we quietly began making the video and possibly soon I'll post a small demo that shows main points of my idea on how should look Construct showreel.

Here're some screenshots:

So I want determine in advance who specifically will make the video, that our work would not wasted.

[quote="Sagal":2wylv6ph]Telli and Mary Jane those both look awesome I hope I can use either one's in the beginning of my game?[/quote:2wylv6ph]
I made this promo that people can use it in the beginning of their games and thus promote the program. The problem is it's still impossible to move layout between different projects. So you need to create all the new, or you can begin to make your game in the same file (just create a new layout). I could make a video file, but AVI Object still doesn't work properly in Construct.

Later I'll create a topic and post there a cap file of the logo so that people could download and put it in their games.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:22 pm

The 3D videos are great! I was wondering if any of you could render just the that C, with "Construct" written on its side (or maybe under it), with a clean/black background so I can use at the beggining of my game and promote Construct?

An awesome video like that is just too much for the games I'm doing haha :P

Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:14 am

I agree with Mary Jane at all!

[quote="Sagal":31s8003r]Telli and Mary Jane those both look awesome I hope I can use either one's in the beginning of my game?[/quote:31s8003r]

Yes you can. But we have to wait till the problem with the AVI Object get fixed.
B
G

Post » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:44 am

Ahh yes well...
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:54 pm

Do you wanna guy slip in lucidity?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V04HM6yp39Y

longer more recent vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v2QLzn5 ... re=related

great idea
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:09 am

[quote="Mary Jane":32jc5oas]So I want determine in advance who specifically will make the video, that our work would not wasted.[/quote:32jc5oas]

I vote Mary Jane makes the video if she has already done a bunch of work on it. Unless someone else has that I'm not aware of. The artwork you are doing is amazing! Hopefully I'll have a game worthy of it at some point.

On the .avi front, if you don't mind using Python you could play it that way. Although, you would have to syncrhonize the Python window with Construct which could be difficult.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 08, 2010 10:14 am

Hi!

Does anyone else have examples for the Construct showreel?
Or may be someone is still making it?
The fact is that I'm leaving in June for the summer and will not be able to develop the video, so I want to make a demo version of the showreel until the end of May. If you currently have good examples of the program features - post them here. I will choose the best ones and insert them in the video.

May be you won't like my version of the showreel , then in Jule another person will develop it.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 19, 2010 2:11 am

Hey, I've an audio production company Grandbrother / www.grandbrother.com - I use Construct pretty much every day, would be happy to write some music for this showreel if you like.

Let me know, mickdadude@gmail.com
Mik

[quote="soggyclog":3b7pdpfs]I did a quick run through of the "post-your-screenshots" thread and it seemed like most people here are using a 4:3 aspect ratio. I personally prefer to do vids at 1280x720 but don't really care either way, majority should dictate.

Also here's another site with really cheap royalty free music: [url:3b7pdpfs]http://audiojungle.net/page/top_sellers[/url:3b7pdpfs]

The final music should probably be decided on once all the clips have been chosen. If the majority of them are bubbly rainbow coloured sidescrollers then slapping on a serious sounding classical track may not be the most fitting. I do agree though that none of the crap you hear on the radio should be used.[/quote:3b7pdpfs]
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 28, 2010 9:28 pm

Hi!

On this forum there are many great and interesting games that could be shown in the showreel to promote Construct. But alas the authors of these works had not shown any activity and not submited their game in the Showreel Submission thread..

So the showreel was made mostly from my games and my friends' games. I also want to thank Quazi and Newt for the material.

Here is our version of the Scirra Construct showreel: [color=#4000BF:1wcnpx6q]link to [/color:1wcnpx6q]

All games shown in the video are made exceptionally in Scirra Construct.

[size=86:1wcnpx6q][color=#808080:1wcnpx6q]Authors:
3D graphics and Design by Mary & Alex .
Video Editing by Alex.
Music and Sound Design by Denis Orlov.[/color:1wcnpx6q][/size:1wcnpx6q]

Please, write your comments and what you think!
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 pm

WOW!!! That looks absolutely stunning! Really, really nice job.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion