Proposal: Official construct Showreel

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:46 pm

Instead of worrying about codecs, why not submit EXEs or .caps to an editor who takes videos?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:46 pm

i was just submitting a whole bunch of things i'd done in the past, none of them were ever really "meant" to look finished, but whatever you guys finds look cool but could do with some improving on i could always flesh out some more for this, i submitted this stuff way early so it's no problem :D
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:49 pm

[quote="Ashley":s9el4su4]Instead of worrying about codecs, why not submit EXEs or .caps to an editor who takes videos?[/quote:s9el4su4]

yea exactly, then they'll be able to better put it in context with the rest of the stuff in the video anyways, and they wont have to download giant HD video files that might not even make the cut.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:33 pm

Wouldn't this be better to do after Construct is at 1.0 and bug-free? I realize many of the examples would not change but still, I think this "showcase" is still premature.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:03 am

Well, recording videos would ensure that the person recording videos doesn't miss anything cool.

If we're doing such small clips, I don't think it's a big deal file size wise. We could also submit smaller preview videos for voting. Also, video would make it easier for voting as well, since we'd all be voting on the exact same thing, whereas if we play a game we wouldn't know exactly what was going to be in the video.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:21 am

I suggest no vote, or only votes from editor submitters, and Construct creators for clips chosen. The people that do the work should make the decisions and reap the reward for their efforts.
Nothing worst than people that want a say and do no work.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:08 am

I agree with Guyon usual democracy in this case isn't good choice in my opinion.

And for the rules 25-30fps and any common codec without any sounds would be best but it's only my opinion
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:59 am

I also vote for the "exes submitted to an editor" model. It'll ensure much more consistent recording and video quality.

I also volunteer myself as an editor, since I have lots of experience in the fields of video capturing, video editing, video processing and video compression.

I also suggest that when people submit their exes/caps they can say what they'd like to be recorded in it if it's not obvious what the thing is demonstrating.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:11 am

A quick scan of this thread makes it look like it's seriously at risk of coming to nothing because nobody can even decide how to organise it (45 replies and still debating whether to submit clips or EXEs?). Too many cooks etc. AFAIK herobash did it alone and nobody complained the wrong bit of their game is shown. IMO someone just needs to say: "I want to make a video, send me your EXEs here" and then go ahead and create the video (multiple people could do this as well, no issues with more than one video).

Community organised = unorganised. For example, when was the last time you saw one of those "community-made MMORPGs" that actually got anywhere?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:37 am

[quote="Ashley":z9uytbb6]IMO someone just needs to say: "I want to make a video, send me your EXEs here" and then go ahead and create the video (multiple people could do this as well, no issues with more than one video).[/quote:z9uytbb6]

I totally agree with Ashley on this one. If people have to record their own clips and stick to certain rules with the video, chances are this won't get made. Would be much wiser to have one video editor record and edit this from EXEs.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion