Proposal: Official construct Showreel

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:21 pm

[quote="newt":10eal7g4]This guy also has some good stuff, and a similar license (credit given)
[url:10eal7g4]http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free/[/url:10eal7g4][/quote:10eal7g4]

Wow! Thank you!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:00 am

davios really good i bet he could make something for it.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:19 pm

[quote="Lost my Keys":1r1uoz7g]That looks pretty cool. BTW I'm with something I think deadeye mentioned once. The amount of stretching is minimal when viewed widescreen. Didn't realize it wasn't 16:9 until I reread your post lol.[/quote:1r1uoz7g]

I don't recall saying that. I have however said in the past that a 4:3 game displayed on a widescreen monitor will not stretch, but instead be shown at 4:3 in the center of your monitor with black bars on the sides.

I was WRONG. Apparently that's up to your monitor. My monitor is pretty badass and handles all that for you. Games that look normal on my monitor will show up stretched on my gf's laptop and my widescreen tv. So it's best to make your fullscreen games with a solution to the stretching issue in mind.

At any rate, I'm very sensitive to that whole stretching thing, so yeah I don't think I would have said that the stretching is acceptable. I hate it when I'm watching HD tv and a station shows commercials in the wrong aspect ratio, for instance. Some people don't notice or don't mind, but it bugs the hell out of me.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:16 am

[quote="deadeye":mhqgpwq8][quote="Lost my Keys":mhqgpwq8]That looks pretty cool. BTW I'm with something I think deadeye mentioned once. The amount of stretching is minimal when viewed widescreen. Didn't realize it wasn't 16:9 until I reread your post lol.[/quote:mhqgpwq8]

I don't recall saying that.[/quote:mhqgpwq8]
You didn't.
I did.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5739&p=45911#p45911

Having tested on my various monitors, I came to the conclusion that for a video game, the stretching wasn't as bad as I'd imagined it would be (although some genres may look worse than others).
That was the thread that LMK had a moment if you remember. lol.

I agree with you on the point about TV programs or movies though.
It's so easy to notice when people are stretched on the screen.
I thought Peter Crouch was only 5'4" until I got the aspect ratio right. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Krush.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:54 am

I wish there was an easier way to avoid stretching ... can't make it 4:3 full screen as some monitors will stretch the image. Also can't make it in 16:9 full screen as most 4:3 monitors (that I've tested) will either stretch it or just not be able to display the image.

Yay technology.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:37 am

I did a quick run through of the "post-your-screenshots" thread and it seemed like most people here are using a 4:3 aspect ratio. I personally prefer to do vids at 1280x720 but don't really care either way, majority should dictate.

Also here's another site with really cheap royalty free music: [url:1a4y6xca]http://audiojungle.net/page/top_sellers[/url:1a4y6xca]

The final music should probably be decided on once all the clips have been chosen. If the majority of them are bubbly rainbow coloured sidescrollers then slapping on a serious sounding classical track may not be the most fitting. I do agree though that none of the crap you hear on the radio should be used.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:52 am

Bah I don't listen to crap while I listen radio station -.-

PS had to say that as there are different radio stations from rock to metal to lady gaga and other crap you get nowadays
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:20 pm

Construct needs a "jingle" anyway.

I'm sure there are a bunch of people here that could make a track , instead of going to the royalty free stuff.
B
G

Post » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:57 am

Working on my submission, but we need to look what is out there and make this demo better.
Here is one for MMF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x-wq5RIwbA
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:35 am

[quote="Guyon":1vhn1bb5]Working on my submission, but we need to look what is out there and make this demo better.
Here is one for MMF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x-wq5RIwbA[/quote:1vhn1bb5]

MMF video is very simple. I'm sure we'll make this better.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion