Przemek32767's Bag o' Suggestions

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:18 am

[QUOTE=boolean]
2) The ability to move global variables to another event sheet. As my game grows and I split code out to separate event sheets, I find my global variables are stuck in the sheet I created them on (since moving them deletes all the related nodes). I'm wondering if I can mess about with the XML files to do this...[/QUOTE]

@boolean: You can already move the variables.
When you cut them, indeed, actions and events related to those disappear.
But once you paste them in the destination events sheet, they all reappear.
Magic !
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:08 am

[quote]Expressions to retrieve system date and time.[/quote]
There's a plugin for that:
http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-system-date-and-time_topic45206.html

[quote]The ability to take a snapshot of a part of the canvas rather than the whole canvas.[/quote]
The canvas object can do it with the "paste layer" action if you're not using webgl.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:30 pm

[QUOTE=Kyatric] [QUOTE=boolean]
2) The ability to move global variables to another event sheet. As my game grows and I split code out to separate event sheets, I find my global variables are stuck in the sheet I created them on (since moving them deletes all the related nodes). I'm wondering if I can mess about with the XML files to do this...[/QUOTE]

Magic ![/QUOTE]

You can't simple make a event sheet, calling it by "Shared Global Variables", with all yours global and import then on every "Stage Event Sheets"? I do this way and never worried about. ^^

Nice ideas, and the mapping keyboard is really the best suggestion here.

I was doing a huge system to check the last pressed and set it to the selected input command, but this way I limited the player to press only the offered keys on the list =\TELLES08082012-09-06 17:31:55
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:41 pm

[QUOTE=TELLES0808]You can't simple make a event sheet, calling it by "Shared Global Variables", with all yours global and import then on every "Stage Event Sheets"? I do this way and never worried about. ^^[/QUOTE]

If you made event sheet filled with global variables only, You don't have to include it to any event sheets at all.
Global variables are global ;)
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:50 am

[QUOTE=Kyatric] [QUOTE=boolean]

Magic ![/QUOTE]

Oh you're kidding me! Looks like you are correct.

I would like to change my feature request then that the dialogue box that says "All related events will be deleted" has the text "unless they are included back into another sheet" added

[QUOTE=TELLES0808]
You can't simple make a event sheet, calling it by "Shared Global Variables", with all yours global and import then on every "Stage Event Sheets"? I do this way and never worried about.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I didn't think of this when I started writing my game.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:36 pm

[QUOTE=R0J0hound] [quote]Expressions to retrieve system date and time.[/quote]
There's a plugin for that:
http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-system-date-and-time_topic45206.html[/QUOTE]
Oh, that's good to know. It would be awesome if it were shipped with Construct 2.

Also, I know some of my suggestions can already be done (like using variables for a random chance to trigger an event), but being able to do them without "hacks" like this would make our lives a little easier.

Thanks for your comments so far.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Custom/3rd part plugins and behaviors can't be shipped with C2 for legal and technical reasons. They are considered their respective author's property and responsibility that Scirra just can't appropriate as their own.

With time, the features proposed by those third part extensions get natively implemented in C2, making the extension "irrelevant".Kyatric2012-09-08 20:03:09
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General