Pseudo 3D Tutorial - Not sure how to put into action

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:11 pm

Hey! I'm reading a tutorial here, and I'm understanding what they're saying to a degree, but a problem I'm having (and apparently 2 others in the comments) is actually putting the information into Construct 2, as I can't find anything about what goes where in the event sheet. Can someone help?
B
S

Post » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:53 pm

On the last page of the tutorial is a link to an example in the Arcade - http://www.scirra.com/arcade/example/4788/pseudo-3d-game-test - which includes a .capx download.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 pm

I added a comment to the tutorial, to that effect.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:44 am

I saw the example that they posted, but it had a lot of extra stuff that I don't think was in the tutorial (several extra objects, exploding trees, particle stuff, gem stuff) and I had a hard time finding some of the code that was described.
B
S

Post » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:09 am

Doing pseudo 3D is never going to be easy as it involves some trick maths.

All the relevant information you need is in the .capx - just experiment with it by disabling sections and see what happens.

If this is your first foray into C2, then you can't really have chosen a more difficult learning curve than trying to underand this, unfortunately.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:45 pm

I am pretty familiar with the environment and posted an intentionally terrible game, but I haven't messed with it in a while.
B
S

Post » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:57 pm

Message: Famicorn can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
OK, I was able to get a cube made that sits in the center of the map after getting rid of most everything else in the demo and having the game create a bunch of narrow lines to create the sides. Unfortunately, I can't make 3D objects too big without a considerable amount of lag. Would it be possible to do this another way, like taking a single sprite and having it bend based on the player's location?

Oh, also, the result is http://www.scirra.com/arcade/example/17074/pseudo-3d-test here
B
S

Return to How do I....?