Published game back to capx?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Helping streamers give their viewers more excitement.
  • Hello everyone,

My old developer pc broke down a few days ago. (completely burned out hdd)

And my capx project file is now gone due to my stupidity of not doing backups. Huraah... or not..

So like every man would, i cried like a baby. (almost... was very close..)

I still have the exported project (for web) (html index file, images, and all that)

Is there a way i can convert it back to an capx file so i can work on it again?

• or am i doomed?!

Thanks!

• You are doomed.

• No because the export is obfuscated Javascript and Ashley has often stated that the export is made as difficult as can be to reverse engineer so that people can not do what you actually need.

• If it's a mechanical problem you might be able to get some life back on to the HDD for a few minutes by doing the freezer trick: http://lifehacker.com/5515337/save-a-fa ... ezer-redux

This happened to my just a few weeks ago and I was able to recover everything I needed, I already had backups on dropbox so it wasn't really a big deal for me.

I can't guarantee that it will work for you but it's worth a shot.

If it's a controller problem then this won't work and you would need to find an identical hard drive an exchange the controllers.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I know its too late now but for future reference, I always work out of my Google Drive folder on a capx. Then its always backed up.

Good luck.

• Thanks for the answers guys. I can see the security problem with reverse engineering capx files.

I'll try the freeze trick, thanks Xavier

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)