Publishing linux/OSx versions on STEAM

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • hi guys,

you have experience in publishing on STEAM platform, the linux and Mac versions of a game exported into NW.js?

first question is: why i need to add ".x64" if in reality the .nw file does not have extension?

last question is: i need a Mac for upload the OSx version of my game?

• Given the architecture of Linux is vastly different to Windows, .x64 is likely there for the purpose of the 64-bit CPU architecture with running it in Linux, exe wise with Linux's package.nw.

Yes, you need a mac to port OSX versions since the software behind OSX is proprietary. OSX can't be emulated in a virtual machine either, as it does fucky things with signatures regarding programming.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • uhm.. Ok.

so, i need a Mac to export my game with Construct3 right? because uploading on Steam SDK with C2 exported OSx version from windows is "corrupted"?

• Yes, you'll need a macbook or a desktop mac. You can export on Windows/Linux, but the resulting OSX port in the folder is not guaranteed to work.

• Yes, you'll need a macbook or a desktop mac. You can export on Windows/Linux, but the resulting OSX port in the folder is not guaranteed to work.

ok, grazie mille

• One tip from me is to wait with the Mac and Linux versions a while until you have tested that they work 100% first. Because if you release the game and those versions break on many users systems then you'll get tons of bad reviews. And a lot of bad reviews for a newly released game = no sales and a dead game.

I have even removed my linux version of my game on Steam because the market is tiny and all it did was generate a lot of frustrating bug reports

• One tip from me is to wait with the Mac and Linux versions a while until you have tested that they work 100% first. Because if you release the game and those versions break on many users systems then you'll get tons of bad reviews. And a lot of bad reviews for a newly released game = no sales and a dead game.

I have even removed my linux version of my game on Steam because the market is tiny and all it did was generate a lot of frustrating bug reports

understood thank you

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)