Publishing linux/OSx versions on STEAM

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:37 am

hi guys,
you have experience in publishing on STEAM platform, the linux and Mac versions of a game exported into NW.js?

first question is: why i need to add ".x64" if in reality the .nw file does not have extension?
last question is: i need a Mac for upload the OSx version of my game?

B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:38 pm

Given the architecture of Linux is vastly different to Windows, .x64 is likely there for the purpose of the 64-bit CPU architecture with running it in Linux, exe wise with Linux's package.nw.

Yes, you need a mac to port OSX versions since the software behind OSX is proprietary. OSX can't be emulated in a virtual machine either, as it does fucky things with signatures regarding programming.
Zelda Gamekit (my project)

Example capxs:

Zelda-Style Inventory

Zelda Health

3-saveslot system

[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4396pwak0oh7q6/ZeldaDialogueSystem.capx?dl=0]Zelda-like Dialogue[
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:43 am

[quote="Yes, you need a mac to port OSX versions since the software behind OSX is proprietary. OSX can't be emulated in a virtual machine either, as it does fucky things with signatures regarding programming.[/quote]

uhm.. Ok.
so, i need a Mac to export my game with Construct3 right? because uploading on Steam SDK with C2 exported OSx version from windows is "corrupted"?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:41 pm

Yes, you'll need a macbook or a desktop mac. You can export on Windows/Linux, but the resulting OSX port in the folder is not guaranteed to work.
Zelda Gamekit (my project)

Example capxs:

Zelda-Style Inventory

Zelda Health

3-saveslot system

[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4396pwak0oh7q6/ZeldaDialogueSystem.capx?dl=0]Zelda-like Dialogue[
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:06 pm

LaDestitute wrote:Yes, you'll need a macbook or a desktop mac. You can export on Windows/Linux, but the resulting OSX port in the folder is not guaranteed to work.

ok, grazie mille
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:11 pm

One tip from me is to wait with the Mac and Linux versions a while until you have tested that they work 100% first. Because if you release the game and those versions break on many users systems then you'll get tons of bad reviews. And a lot of bad reviews for a newly released game = no sales and a dead game.

I have even removed my linux version of my game on Steam because the market is tiny and all it did was generate a lot of frustrating bug reports :P
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:07 pm

Anonnymitet wrote:One tip from me is to wait with the Mac and Linux versions a while until you have tested that they work 100% first. Because if you release the game and those versions break on many users systems then you'll get tons of bad reviews. And a lot of bad reviews for a newly released game = no sales and a dead game.

I have even removed my linux version of my game on Steam because the market is tiny and all it did was generate a lot of frustrating bug reports :P

understood thank you
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?