Publishing to iOS with PhoneGap

Ideas and discussion about publishing and distributing your games

Post » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:01 am

I followed Ashley's tutorial, How to export to mobile with PhoneGap, and had no trouble building a .ipa file with PhoneGap, getting it onto my iPhone 4S via iTunes, and testing. The app runs smoothly with no issues, but I'm having trouble getting my splash screens and icons to show up.

PhoneGap provides some documentation on how to include iOS icons and splash screens here (http://docs.build.phonegap.com/en_US/configuring_icons_and_splash.md.html#Icons%20and%20Splash%20Screens), but it's not working for me. I included all iOS 7.0+ icons, iOS 6.1 icons, and all splash screens (properly named and sized) in the app folder exported from C2, edited the config.xml file to include the code snippets from PhoneGap's documentation for iOS icons and splash screens, zipped all the files and uploaded them to PhoneGap.

After moving the .ipa file to my phone, my app icons do not show up and PhoneGap's logo shows up as a splash screen instead of my own. My config.xml has the following code...

Image

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'd prefer not to use any 3rd party plugins because they are unofficial, not guaranteed to be continually supported/updated, and/or cost money.
B
5
S
2
G
3
Posts: 16
Reputation: 1,007

Post » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:21 pm

Do you know anything about this? And will we still be able to make apps with construct 2

As we announced in October, beginning February 1, 2015 new iOS apps submitted to the App Store must include 64-bit support and be built with the iOS 8 SDK. Beginning June 1, 2015 app updates will also need to follow the same requirements. To enable 64-bit in your project, we recommend using the default Xcode build setting of “Standard architectures” to build a single binary with both 32-bit and 64-bit code.
B
10
S
2
Posts: 22
Reputation: 651

Post » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:53 pm

ddurant00 wrote:Do you know anything about this? And will we still be able to make apps with construct 2

As we announced in October, beginning February 1, 2015 new iOS apps submitted to the App Store must include 64-bit support and be built with the iOS 8 SDK. Beginning June 1, 2015 app updates will also need to follow the same requirements. To enable 64-bit in your project, we recommend using the default Xcode build setting of “Standard architectures” to build a single binary with both 32-bit and 64-bit code.


IOS has support for HTML so I guess Construct2 will make the changes nessary to work with IOS 8 plus it wouldn't be good for Apple buisness wise to cut off thier own revenue by excluding 3 party software. If Apple goes through with this, it will be the nail in the coffin for them. Most games that are popular are made with 3 party tools like Construct,Unity,Gamesalad,and Unreal. I call their bluff , no way Apple does this.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
38
S
18
G
24
Posts: 682
Reputation: 16,615

Post » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:16 pm

@PixelPower They are not stopping third party software. They are just making developers add 64bit support. Which for us should be added by PhoneGap/Cordova, Ejecta and CocoonJS.
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
19
S
5
G
1
Posts: 614
Reputation: 2,542

Post » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:01 am

good to know, thanks!

What do you prefer phoneGap/Ejecta?

my first app is still in review at apple using Ejecta. I was thinking about using Phonegap next.
B
10
S
2
Posts: 22
Reputation: 651

Post » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:01 pm

So I prefer CocoonJS at this moment in time, because it has better performance through all versions of iOS overall. However, as soon as iOS8 distribution reaches 75% I'll probably change preference to Cordova (which is the non-adobe branded PhoneGap) since it has better third party support.
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
19
S
5
G
1
Posts: 614
Reputation: 2,542

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:01 am

TheWyrm wrote:So I prefer CocoonJS at this moment in time, because it has better performance through all versions of iOS overall. However, as soon as iOS8 distribution reaches 75% I'll probably change preference to Cordova (which is the non-adobe branded PhoneGap) since it has better third party support.


Everytime I try CocoonJS, in xcode it says that the app is using the wrong architecture. :(
B
16
S
3
Posts: 115
Reputation: 2,428

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:04 am

@t33hp I would go to Ludei's website and post the problem in the community section or do a search and see if it's a known issue.
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
19
S
5
G
1
Posts: 614
Reputation: 2,542

Post » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:30 pm

If anyone is having trouble getting their splash screens/icons to show up in a PhoneGap build, as I was, just use OneMuppet's instructions in this post: viewtopic.php?f=147&t=121099

I actually switched from Ejecta to PhoneGap for iOS publishing after getting that 64-bit architecture warning from Apple, but publishing via PhoneGap ultimately gives me the same warning. Can we expect PhoneGap or Ejecta to provide 64-bit support by February? Anyone have information on this?
B
5
S
2
G
3
Posts: 16
Reputation: 1,007

Post » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:39 pm

t33hp wrote:
TheWyrm wrote:So I prefer CocoonJS at this moment in time, because it has better performance through all versions of iOS overall. However, as soon as iOS8 distribution reaches 75% I'll probably change preference to Cordova (which is the non-adobe branded PhoneGap) since it has better third party support.


Everytime I try CocoonJS, in xcode it says that the app is using the wrong architecture. :(


Did you update to the latest CocoonJS-plugin from Github and use the latest Cloud Compiler? That should do the trick.
Image
B
96
S
36
G
17
Posts: 351
Reputation: 15,903


Return to Distribution and Publishing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests