PubNub Multiplayer Plugin

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:55 am

Got this to work! Even did a quick hack to get the player to move up and down as well left and right.

WARNING! Don't use BTGames' package! As I said in my previous message, runtime.js, edittime,js and common.js in that package are in fact practically identical HTML pages.

Instead, download PubNub's original files from GitHub.

Promising :)Velojet2013-06-25 00:56:10
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:06 am

Is there a C2 Plugin for the broadcaster, or just client so far.

As it is right now. It's a very rudimentary, and is only a websocket + channel.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:57 am

[QUOTE=jayderyu]As it is right now. It's a very rudimentary, and is only a websocket + channel.[/QUOTE]@jayderyu
You're totally right.
[QUOTE=jayderyu] Is there a C2 Plugin for the broadcaster, or just client so far.[/QUOTE]Well, the broadcaster is the client (and v. v.), so there's just a single plugin which performs both functions.

So it's basically just a P2P channel that PubNub provides.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:51 am

sorry about the download guys! glad some of you got it to work to see the potential it has and yes it is just a web socket
I have been trying different hacks to get things to work. And yes rainbow has excellent plugins
But I am not a excellent programmer so when I seem this it thought holy.... you guys in the community will love this and it has a small learning curve. I've been in talks with them to just need the support of this community to make it happen.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:59 pm

It's a great start to have hassle free communication over a cloud. However, your still going to have to provide all the support game elements. Also from what I can tell this is fine for a straightforward peer based play. It would seem less effective for a game where you need better world simulation.

Without a broadcaster capturing messages to prevent echo messaging. It means that any critical data(ie passwords, will be sent to every client in the channel. A malicious coder could then collect passwords and login id's.

I would use this solely for game-play messaging, but use other means to handle security, data persistency.....

Of course, that's with just the plugin that they have made. If they have more features. Then that's another matter. Good luck BTGames you might have found something great if the PubNub team pulls through with good support :)

B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:18 am

@jayderyu

By other security/logins, do you mean clay.io could work well? Like what if we somehow got this working with it's multiplayer room feature?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:54 am

I was thinking the same thing ill try it and see what happened
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:06 pm

I think we got there attention i'll be in contact with them and i'll keep you guys posted.

Doron (PubNub Agent), Jun 26 01:45 (PDT):
Hi Antonio,

Ok, I think we're getting point :) With game projects that are slated for development and release we would of course be motivated to bring the SDK up to date. Any specific projects you can tell us about will help to expedite. Our client solutions engineer is copied on this communication.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:59 am

[QUOTE=SpacialPumpkin] @jayderyu

By other security/logins, do you mean clay.io could work well? Like what if we somehow got this working with it's multiplayer room feature?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=SpacialPumpkin] @jayderyu

By other security/logins, do you mean clay.io could work well? Like what if we somehow got this working with it's multiplayer room feature?[/QUOTE]

As one solution yes, you could also use Google, FB, Twitter... Clay.io is one of them.

The problem is that the client will login with clay.io(not sending pubnub login info). but then how does the server(ie your server logic) get data from clay.io. It can't. the server is not authorized.

Which means
client logins in to clay.io
client recieved pertinent information
client sends pubnub info
pubnub sends info to EVERYONE including specified server
server does processing
server sends 1 client data update to pubnub
pubnub sends to EVERYONE
the target client process, other clients ignore

the solution is that clay.io upon a successful login. Can give the client a temporary passkey. The pass key can be used to access the players data relating to the game.

client logs into clay.io
client received info and passkey
client sends passkey to ..... pubnub
pubnub sends passkey to ..... everyone :(

yeah. I suggest using pubnub just for channel meet up and play. I would do everything else using Clay.io. including room managegment :)

I'm not saying not to use pubnub, just know what pubnub should be doing, and not doing. :) otherwise it looks great for a mix of clay.io + PubNub. great combo here :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:03 am

@jayderyu

I'd like to try getting clay to work with PubNub. I PM'd you.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons