Purge unused global and local variables?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:15 pm

Is there an option to purge/automatically delete all and any global and local variables that are not being used?
Brick by brick, stone by stone.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:21 pm

Not that I know of..
It isn't nescessary for optimization, so only readability of your event sheets would improve..
I guess the easiest way to find out, would be to put the variable name inside the eventsheet searchbox and see if they are referenced inside events/actions..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:29 pm

Shame, it would be nice to have such a feature, especially on a per event sheet basis.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:41 pm

Solomon wrote:Shame, it would be nice to have such a feature, especially on a per event sheet basis.

Global variables per event sheet?
I don't get it..

But like I said, removing unused variables will do (almost) nothing for performance, so it seems like an unimportant feature to me..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:40 pm

Global variables per event sheet?
I don't get it..

Having an option to purge/remove unused global/local variables per event sheet. So if I have 3 event sheets, I only want to check and remove unused variables on 1 sheet, I click on that sheet and only remove on that sheet. Thus I have written, having such a feature based on a per event sheet basis.

But like I said, removing unused variables will do (almost) nothing for performance, so it seems like an unimportant feature to me..

I mentioned this regarding event sheet aestethic and readability on a personal level for the programmers comfort.
That is a good reason to have this implemented in my opinion.
Its about performance during programing, but its also about having visually clear logic and tidy event sheets.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?