puzzle bubble (bubble shooter) image heavy

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:56 am

This is really cool! Plays nicely and brings something new to the genre. Are you working on graphics already? What did you have in mind?

Just a suggestion, but this would look perfect with graphics styled like this: http://justinchan.tumblr.com/

Anyways, can't wait to play the full version! Nice work.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:38 am

It's working awesomely and almost all the potential bug sources seem to be eliminated. Real solid work. Can't wait for the graphics now :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:13 pm

Thanks guy's for the kind words.

@robotecollective thanks for the link, much appreciated. I can certainly see what you mean, that artist is great, but i've had a commission lined up on deviant art for some time. All i will say is that the game is going to look amazing. :D

@Windwalker glad it's working ok. Most of the engine is done now, just going to update the score and enemy health interface, finish coding the map screen and add save / load ability, then update graphics and fx, and start designing the levels. Have to start thinking about music and sound too, but will probably leave that until last.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:10 pm

@Ethan
I don't remember if I have posted here or not, but I thought I would mention that you have a done an amazing job programming the artistic concepts of your game (such as the enemy health you showed in page 4). I really hope other C2 users come by your page and look over your gif animations, and take note of how to program there own artwork to look more "live". Even a game with great art can be lacking in gameplay when there are no transitional effects. This is something you have to program into your sprite objects to make the game more immersive. (I think that's the word I want to use)

But anyways, can't wait to see the game when its fully finished and has all its art in place ;)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:23 pm

Ethan wrote:@robotecollective thanks for the link, much appreciated. I can certainly see what you mean, that artist is great, but i've had a commission lined up on deviant art for some time. All i will say is that the game is going to look amazing. :D

I have no doubts, the way you have used placeholders clearly shows there's being some planning already. Good to know!

Can't wait to play this.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:00 am

Thanks guy's.

Finally got all 3 player special abilities coded.

This last one is a simple bubble swap, mainly because it's the most common power up and so can't be too powerful.

Anyway it turned out a bit more work then i thought, mainly because i had to work out what bubble types were not left on the board or currently next to be fired.

After a few false starts i just dumped everything into a function.

Also added a slight effect to the hazard.

Latest version here. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/159885981/pb13/index.html
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:35 am

Okay so i found a bug which causes the game to freeze if you click to swap a bubble before they've appeared on screen. Not really a bug just forgot to add code to prevent it. Will update later.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Hey Buddy! I love the game so far your doing a great job, I have been trying to work out how you have done the aiming arrow! I don't suppose you could shed any light on how you managed it???
B

Post » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:49 pm

Well a lot of the code is specific to my game engine, but if you do a search for lazer you should find a few examples showing you how to work out angles with trigonometry which you can learn form and adapt.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:16 pm

Hey Ethan! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I will check those out, I've been look for a way to do the strechy aiming arrow thing for ages! Thanks again, cant wait till you game is finished it going to rock!
B

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests