Python External Libraries w/ AI, Speech

Post your own tutorials, guides and demos.

Post » Sat May 29, 2010 1:59 pm

You should never need to put any .py or .pyc dependencies in a subfolder or in the same folder as your executable. So things like os.pyc or shutil.pyc should ALWAYS be embedded in your executable. This is done right before you build your executable in Cosntruct.

I don't think adding a __Init__.py helps with .pyd files (Python modules/dynamic link libraries). A __init__.py is typically used to specify import and other info for other .py or .pyc files in the same directory.

I won't have anytime to try this out this week, but if you haven't gotten it working by next weekend I might give it a shot to see what can be done with the .pyd files.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 29, 2010 5:20 pm

Push comes to shove I guess you could use Rojo's resource extractor.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 30, 2010 2:05 am

[quote="scidave":13rmboig]So things like os.pyc or shutil.pyc should ALWAYS be embedded in your executable.[/quote:13rmboig]

I was being an idiot. Opening up the subsection where you pick what goes in, but I missed some things. Btw, do you still have to place the python26.dll in the folder? I tried it out both ways and both seem to run.. I had my real python folder changed to a different name during the test.

Thanks
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Your tutorials & example files