Python modules and global variables

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Globals 2.0
$3.99 USD
Globals 2.0 stores and group variables. You can also load and save data (variables) from/to JSON files.
  • I've talked to Ashley via MSN about this, but I guess it's worth posting to look at your comments.

1) Python modules

For now, we can just insert scripts. I suggest to have modules for scripts as event sheets for events. If you had a module, you put the code in there and then, in the main event sheet, you put a script saying something like "import module1". In this way you can use the same module in different scripts or export it.

2) Global python variables

I was making an array-based game, and I found an impossible thing to do. If I have to move my character, I can't use the same array, because this will require other scripts. Look at what I'm saying :

Since you can't do conditions in python yet, you have to put the script as a sub-event. By doing so, the bariables of the other scripts won't be used in other scripts. What a shame.

If the dev team adds something like "global x = [1,1]" then x could be used in all the scripts.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)