Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:41 am

Good evening...

I'm studying plugins (Q3D), I've even created small projects, but I still have a lot of questions about importing objects (3D), and texturing.

Can I get more information or instructions, mainly in Portuguese, so I can receive more details and instructions ...
Huemerson
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:57 am

Huemerson wrote:Good evening...

I'm studying plugins (Q3D), I've even created small projects, but I still have a lot of questions about importing objects (3D), and texturing.

Can I get more information or instructions, mainly in Portuguese, so I can receive more details and instructions ...

I'm not sure if you saw this from a few posts back:

There are a couple of gotchas when working with Blender to import models:

1. Make sure you are using the three.js R71 exporter. Later versions of three.js made some breaking changes.
2. Make sure you are calling at least one of your diffuse map textures "DiffuseMap" in the animation editor in Construct 2.

Also, in case you haven't already, read all the way through the excellent Q3D manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpn0mbh4m7lo9 ... .docx?dl=0
www.simbucket.com - HTML5 Science Simulations / https://www.airconsole.com/#!play=com.n ... obotrumble - Robot Rumble on AirConsole
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:53 am

cjbruce wrote:
Huemerson wrote:Good evening...

I'm not sure if you saw this from a few posts back:

There are a couple of gotchas when working with Blender to import models:

1. Make sure you are using the three.js R71 exporter. Later versions of three.js made some breaking changes.
2. Make sure you are calling at least one of your diffuse map textures "DiffuseMap" in the animation editor in Construct 2.

Also, in case you haven't already, read all the way through the excellent Q3D manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpn0mbh4m7lo9 ... .docx?dl=0

I understand, objects are specific, so I will have difficulty modeling my own objects, but now I already have a base to start my studies.
The Q3D has compatibility with C3 also, I bought a license of the same and I am already using in C2, but I do not know how to use the C3 ...

Thank you.
Huemerson
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:25 pm

@Huemerson,

Unfortunately Q3D isn’t compatible with C3. There are two reasons for this:

1. The C3 plugin drawing API hasn’t been released yet. This means that no one (other than Scirra) has the ability to write plugins that draw to the screen. Q3D is one of many C2 plugins that require this.
2. Even when the drawing API is released, someone has to go through the (extensive) effort to convert all of the Q3D plugins and behaviors to C3. I would love it if @QuaziGNRLnose were willing to do this, but completely understand if it is more than he is willing to take on. I believe that Q3D is many times more complicated than any other set of plugins on the store.
www.simbucket.com - HTML5 Science Simulations / https://www.airconsole.com/#!play=com.n ... obotrumble - Robot Rumble on AirConsole
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:16 pm

I understand ... I believe that C3 is still in development and will be delayed for all updates ...
Thanks for the feedback.
Huemerson
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Somebody can get the Mouse Lock 0.5 plugin working with the last C2 release r247 in any site?

I tried the the 0.3 and 0.5 with their example .capx in browser or NW.JS and in Babylon3D and not works.

As in the plugin thread says about MouseLock i fixed manually some of the code that worked time ago, but now i can get it working.

Somebody can get it working? I tried using key, single/double click ,etc... but none, the mouse gets locked and the console logs syas is locked and returns the mouse movement XY pixels but in the game nothing moves ¿?.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:36 pm

I just bought Q3D a few days ago and am excited to see what I can do with it. I have seen multiple people in this thread reference a raycasting example file, but I cant seem to find in anywhere. Does anyone know where this .capx file is, or have a copy to it? I am trying to implement a drag and drop system for 3d dice on a 2d game board. I would be able to pick up the dice, and drop them in their own 'slot'. Apparently I need to cast a ray that shows the mouse XYZ in the 3d world and project it onto a 2d plane? Someone said this is covered in the example file, that's why i'm asking.

Thanks for any info.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:50 pm

matthewcryan wrote:I just bought Q3D a few days ago and am excited to see what I can do with it. I have seen multiple people in this thread reference a raycasting example file, but I cant seem to find in anywhere. Does anyone know where this .capx file is, or have a copy to it? I am trying to implement a drag and drop system for 3d dice on a 2d game board. I would be able to pick up the dice, and drop them in their own 'slot'. Apparently I need to cast a ray that shows the mouse XYZ in the 3d world and project it onto a 2d plane? Someone said this is covered in the example file, that's why i'm asking.

Thanks for any info.

I avoided raycasting from the mouse from my game for this reason. The example provided in the package is for an older version of Q3D and includes some expressions that no longer exist.

@QuaziGNRLnose, would you mind giving a quick update on how to do raycasting from screen space using V2.4?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:56 am

Hi, I don't think I made an example for raycasting.

It's pretty straightforward,

Add a raycaster.

add something like an always, then add some action for the raycaster.
-add a set position action for the raycaster, this sets the raycaster origin location to some xyz in world space.
-add a set direction action for the raycaster, this sets the raycaster either towards a location, or in a xyz vector direction, depending on the actions

next add a condition, either Raycast, loop all or Raycast, pick 1st.
-select a Q3D model, and set the raycaster step size (world space units) and the raycaster near/far clipping values (the raycaster will only intersect objects in the given range).
Raycast loop all will act like a loop, calling the events in the loop and acting sort of like a for each picking each object that was intersected.
Raycast pick 1st will simply pick the object in the first intersection.

When an intersection occurs, you will know because the condition returned true so the associated actions fired. if you just want to detect collisions like this just use a dummy variable and set it to 0 before checking, and 1 in the raycast condition. That way each frame you'll know if you had an intersection or not.

Last important point. Whenever an object is picked by the raycast conditions, the raycaster expressions are updated with relevant information about the raycast. Stuff like intersection location in worldspace, the normal of the face that was intersected (in world space), intersection depth, etc.

hope this helps.

If you want to do raycasting from a mouse position (i.e. to select objects with the mouse), you can use the Q3D viewport. The workflow is essentially identical to what i just described except you use the "projection" conditions. These let you give the mouse x/y position and handles all the tricky projection stuff. three.js might have a bug with this though if you're using shadows, I can't remember.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:16 pm

Thanks for the reply, i'll try this out.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons