Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:47 pm

codespeed
Last edited by luonnu on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:35 pm

LittleStain wrote:Very large issue (for me at least):

While manipulating bones through the Q3Dbone-object (picked by name) , somehow the wrong bone is selected..
I'm not sure if this had to do with too many bones in my object or wrong hierachy or something else, but a bone is manipulated, which is nowhere near the bone I was aiming for and which has a completely different name..

I'm sure I'm pushing the boundaries of this plugin, but I'm very close to achieving what I want if I could only get this single bone manipulating to work as expected..

Edit: Maybe there are other limitations, like name-length, etcetera?

Yay!!
All bones are accounted for and they all work!
Somehow the export from Blender messes up the names (probably because the bones are parented, but not connected)
Had to change the bone-names manually in the json after figuring out which was which, but it seems to work..

Edit: The Bone-rotation is also not set correctly, but that is not that much of an issue..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:01 pm

Bought this a while ago (first run) on this paypal [email protected] , cannot find the email for the life of me (with the link to updates) [email protected]

Need it :|
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:48 am

I'm out of the loop. Is there still a limit to how many Lights you can add to a layout? It used to be just four or something.
B
S

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:55 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose
Any news on the horizon? :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:23 am

Does Q3D work well on mobile ? Sorry for asking it , too many comments >.< I can't read all of them in a short time. Thanks ^ ^
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:55 am

As i see @QuaziGNRLnose was last here month ago so this project might be abandoned... :(
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:05 am

I know he's put a lot of work into it but i would have to advice anyone against buying this plugin at the moment.

Support is non existent, i've asked questions that never get a response.

There is no documentation.

The few examples that come with it use deprecated commands.

Yes it requires some understanding of 3d, which i have, but its still all just painstaking trial and error of each command, of which there are many.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:45 pm

yes, it can be frustrating to use for the points mentioned above.

I had been trying to get some raytracing working, and it was very particular in the way it needed to be setup..
I found out that you can only project a ray against a q3dModel. You can't project it against a q3dSprite. You also can't pick a basic geometry that is created with the q3dMaster.
You have to set the Model Fit property to Unaltered (it auto sets itself to Fit).
I also had to rotate the model 180 in the Y axis so that the mesh faces were facing the camera (the ray won't hit if the faces are facing away).
You also must use a q3dViewport.
You must have two events:
q3dViewport-> Pick q3dModel by intersecting projected Ray. Here you can retrieve data from the intersection and put it into variables.
q3dRaycast-> Raycast and loop over picked q3dModel intersected.
Note that you must have that raycast event otherwise the first event won't have any data to retrieve.

I had to figure all this out on my own since these things weren't explained anywhere.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:24 pm

Ребята! Не обожайте программиста! Сами Вы кто? Сделал - респект и все. Всем кто не доволен - в сад ))));
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons