Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:24 pm

@prominent

remember that Y axis is positive down, so if the "up" vector is positive Y, you're defining things flipped. The reason for this is obvious, so that the view-port of construct's editor lines up with Q3D's, and of course maintaining the fact that everything use right-handed cross products / coordinate systems (which is the de-facto standard in most 3D fields)

Viewports only support full transparent / opaque backgrounds because of how they're rendered. It's not something that can easily be changed due to limitations in three.js/webGL and Construct. Doing this was the "best" choice I could make in terms of speed as well.

Q3D Master has a lot of deprecated features, that have niche uses you normally would need. Always look at the actual available objects first as they're better optimized and require less micro-management from you and are mostly guaranteed to work. I have no idea how you were even trying to pick the Q3DModels with "change" parent as they don't have any internal ID's available to Q3D.

@gorgonzola3000

That's weird. I haven't tested anything in 214, but that bug in particular means something fundamentally isn't working. Could be how you installed the plugins, or could just be how you set up the scene, I have no way of telling. You always need an instance of Q3DMaster in the layout to do anything at all, if you're missing it that kind of bug can occur, since Q3D isn't loading any of the necessary components (In this case the ENTIRE three.js library isn't loaded for likely this reason). Do you get that error trying to run examples?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:58 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose , what gave me trouble was that the new cameras aren't created with the same settings as the default camera is initially set with. The default camera has the up direction as -1 and the default camera is also automatically rotated 180 in both the y and z axis. You don't have to set these.
But for any new camera that you make, you have to set them that way- which causes a disconnect in a person's mind. The logical way to think a new camera would be set is how the default camera got set. So when the new camera doesn't appear to do what the default does, it make you think something is wrong.

btw, I'm still not sure why objects get their offsets added again whenever layouts change when the q3dmaster is global.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:55 pm

@prominent

The Global thing is probably a bug. Any reason in particular you need Q3D master to be global?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:06 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose , the same reasons anyone would use global objects. It makes development simpler to manage when you deal with one object rather than multiple. No point removing something and then adding it back in when the layout changes if it is suppose to stay the same.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:06 pm

err. I feel stupid.
I figured out the problem. I just forgot to put a Q3DMaster object. I mistaken Q3DMaster with Q3Dviewport
works like a charm now.
thanks

BYW, is there anyone who managed to export skeletal animation from 3dsmax to Three.JS successufully ?
B
S

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:36 pm

@gorgonzola3000

I haven't seen too much about 3DS exporters (three.js is open source so obviously the community favors blender heavily) however i know there is an official exporter for 3DS. Im not sure what features it supports though.

In general I think people export to a format blender can read from 3DS, then import to blender -> export from blender to a three.js format. Maybe this has changed, i haven't been too active in three.js dev community recently.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:33 pm

Uh, hello. I need help converting 3D coordinates to 2D.
I know about projection matrix but I can't find a way to use it in Construct 2.
Is there any other math workaround?

My goal is to put text above 3D model.
B
S

Post » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:10 am

@scoterr

It's kind of tricky to work out the math, and Q3D doesn't have an expression to get the projection matrix. It'd probably look nice if you made a sprite/model text system in Q3D and use that instead, and you'd have the benefit of using the Zbuffer.

If you know the camera attributes by setting them to known values, you can work out the projection matrix.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:24 pm

QuaziGNRLnose, hi.
Could you make a simple example of a car? 3D, of course.

P. S. I bad speak English, sorry
B

Post » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:23 pm

QuaziGNRLnose wrote:@scoterr

It's kind of tricky to work out the math, and Q3D doesn't have an expression to get the projection matrix. It'd probably look nice if you made a sprite/model text system in Q3D and use that instead, and you'd have the benefit of using the Zbuffer.

If you know the camera attributes by setting them to known values, you can work out the projection matrix.

Will try with sprite text system. Made particles will make text. No problem at all ;___;
I think I will not sleep today.

Thanks for suggestion!
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons