Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:52 pm

Quazi:

Two quick questions:
-how can I mask the reflection map? For example, making windows more reflective and the wall less, in a building facade texture
-how can I add an emissive (self-illuminated) map?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:23 pm

@Funky Koval

There is no texture based control over reflection maps, you'll need to separate the models you want at a different reflective level. You can control specularity with a map however.

Emissive maps are also not supported, it wasn't a feature in the three.js build used a couple of years ago to make Q3D, and updating the api is not easy since it causes many many regressions.

You can again, use a different model with meshbasic material or some emissive color to add emissive elements however.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:53 am

Hi there. Im making an artillery worms style game, but i want the terrain to be made out of sprites with physics.
I wonder if Q3D can handle 500+ sprites with physics better than the native Box2D (i mean, better enough to justify buying it)
thx!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:25 pm

can this be used to create a skybox?

Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:37 pm

fbarba11 wrote:Hi there. Im making an artillery worms style game, but i want the terrain to be made out of sprites with physics.
I wonder if Q3D can handle 500+ sprites with physics better than the native Box2D (i mean, better enough to justify buying it)
thx!

Q3D physics is 3D, with all of the additional overhead. In practice, I have tried to make the same game with C2 built in physics + 2D graphics, built-in physics + 3D graphics, and Q3D physics + 3D graphics, and was pleasantly surprised to find minimal performance differences between the three. I would not expect that a 3D physics engine would ever beat a 2D engine, however.
www.simbucket.com - HTML5 Science Simulations / https://www.airconsole.com/#!play=com.n ... obotrumble - Robot Rumble on AirConsole
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:42 am

Is UV scrolling possible? ( Scrolling an infinitely looping texture across a mesh?) Just want to know if it can do a few things before I buy it!

Thx.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Addons