Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:52 am

@QuaziGNRLnose for sure there are plenty of tutorials needed :D and sounds awesome im like a kid that waits for a candy haha ... so hyped cause of the news. And as always no worries, we like to see you at work, we don't mind you being late, or taking your time to develop the plugin, its understandable, your 1 guy, not a huge company :) (even though someday you'l be if you want that ) .

is this update gonna have a upgrade purchase option? or going to be free?:)

btw a hint for future : you could offer live training on twitch for those interested :) (its like a live stream that allows users to subscribe montly to you for what ever tutorial, talking you want to do)

offtopic " QuaziGNRLnose said :"I'm serious :)" "

and i froze for 2 seconds....then i just.... i just........ *brainfarted* ...and lost my mind :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:32 am

Hey all,

I do hope anyone of you can nudge me into the right direction.
I seem to have some problems in understanding of vectors.

What I have at the moment is: 1 Spaceship, 1 Crosshair and Bullets that get spawned as soonI press "Space".

http://picpaste.com/pics/q3d-pQ3Eh9La.1429614871.png

The spawned bullets should fly in direction of the crosshair (setting the x,y and z coordinated in an instance variable for each bullet, that they keep their flying direction).

Unfortunately, no matter what I try, the bullets fly everywhere, but not into the direction of the crosshair.

CapX

Any idea? :(
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:27 pm

B
S

Post » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:15 pm

smebor wrote:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Rseo5BvYB1cWFremR0YldpYlk/view?usp=sharing
Try as I have I hope will help.

Thank you very much. Unfortunately, your solution does not seem to fit my problem :(
At least, I am unable to translate it to my set up.

My Problem:
- Bullet to be created on the Spaceship
- Bullet to shoot through the Crosshair in a straight line

Best result I had so far was by moving the bullet object manually every tick. Only problem I have to long is, that it does not shoot into the correct direction.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:40 pm

i ve just bought your plugin,, very nice idea,,,, but i think 3d physics is very needed here

can i have a question about date of next release & how can i export 3d model with animations from external program ?
thx
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:53 pm

@ubivis

your issue is that you are using "local space position"

local space position moves the object relative to its own coordinate system, which is moving. It seems you want the object to move towards "destX/Y/Z", so what you should do is "point" the bullet at that location using "look at (parent/world)" and move by local space vector (0,0,speed) per tick

Another option if you don't wish to affect the rotation is to set the objects position per tick in a "parent/world" type set position action. You'll have to subtract the current bullet location in xyz from the current destination in xyz, then normalize those values by distance (divide them by the 3D distance) then multiply them by speed.

basically:

// get the difference vector
delX = bullet.destX-bullet.initialX
delY = bullet.destY-bullet.initialY
delZ = bullet.destZ-bullet.initialZ

// get the distance and normalization factor
dist = sqrt(delX^2+delY^2+delZ^2)
// normalization factor is multiplied by the speed,
// so basically the del vector becomes a (unit vector)*(speed) when multiplied by normalization
normalize = speed/dist

// move the object
set parent/world space position:
X: bullet.x+delX*normalize
Y: bullet.y+delY*normalize
Z: bullet.z+delZ*normalize

@ralph

you can export animations with the blender exporter:

https://github.com/mrdoob/three.js/tree ... rs/blender

for now only morph animations are supported but as i've stated skeletal is very close.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:11 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose

Cool, this worked... many, many thanks :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:45 am

version 2.4 is out, with changelog on the main page. Download from the same page as before.

I'll be focusing more on documentation/examples now, only editing the main code base if bugs need to be fixed.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:15 am

Dammit,

I guess I'll have to figure out how to use paypal now..
The skeletal animation possibility was the one thing I was waiting for..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:00 am

@QuaziGNRLnose
Great news! And even sooner than expected. Oh how I wish I wasn't at work right now.

Feature requests:
1) Support for smartphone VR glasses such as Cardboard, Dive, GearVR in the form of a double bulge filter for two adjoining viewports. (I am using a Cardboard everyday at work, and the distortion really is necessary.)
Example: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/aaKo8pcMvs-z0nhzPWtkYzgTx1TTQfuZVGtzRp3wbBeI0xH4CIjajdVkjFV5Kivb=h900
Example: http://greety.sakura.ne.jp/redo/2014/12/11/cardboard-sdk-unity-sample.png
2) A working three.js exporter for Blender that automatically includes all existing Blender actions with their corresponding names in the generated js file.

General Q3D question:
When my 2.5D platformer character switches the direction it's facing, how can I make the model turn around smoothly instead of changing its angle instantly? Because that's the best I could do with the available rotation actions. I think what I would need for this is an action like "rotate to target angle (local space) at X speed". Is there an elegant workaround for this?
Last edited by wiimote on Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons