Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:16 am

QuaziGNRLnose wrote:@Ralph

Can you send me the .capx, that's a strange issue that i haven't run into, and i've created lots of objects, otherwise i can't help.

So,, it wasnt that problem sorry,, i found its it is happening when u are creating object with CAPSULE physics body,, ,,, if i set it to collider shape,, it works

i've tried it many times with box, sphere, cylinder, use collider shape,,,,, but finaly CAPSULE is wrong

try simply : ON right mouse button : system/create object at ray x,y on ground with CAPSULE set,and create create click click that button to create many objects,, this should be bug
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:37 am

I still can't reproduce it, please send me a .capx or i can't do anything about it.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:32 am

Official RTS with Q3D example :3 ?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:05 am

@joannesalfa

Modified RTS Template .capx

Keep in mind it's kind of poorly done, i just did it quickly. It's basically 3D graphics slapped ontop of the RTS template.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:19 am

@QuaziGNRLnose, I figured out that the problem was happening due to material color and emmissive color. Earlier with v2.3 I had set the material color to black and emissive color to white ( for a black sky diffuseMap). Now I had to set this inversely meaning ...material color to white and emissive color to black! Only then it showed up the black sky...Does it mean anything?

Also I am facing an issue when I use same Q3DMaster and Q3DObjects across 2 layouts..When I move from first layout where the Q3Dmodels are already loaded to another layout that uses the same Q3Dobjects/Q3DMaster then it encounters few javascript errors ( because these models were already loaded in the previous layouts). I had to check manually in the code to see if the models are already loaded then perform few actions and if the models are not loaded already then perform different set of actions...Any elegant way to circumvent such issues when moving between layouts that use the same Q3Dobjects and Q3DMaster?

Thanks for your help.
For game development / IT services contact - [email protected]

List of published iOS apps -
https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/ravi ... d693234511
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:43 am

@kmsravindra

a black material color has always made the entire thing black, since it multiplies the diffuse map, and emissive of black means 0 emissive so the object needs to be lit up, i don't know the specifics of your project but nothing has changed with regards to that so the issue is your mistake most likely.

I don't understand what you mean by the "same Q3D Master" and "same Q3D Objects". I need a minimal capx with the issue to see what's causing it. There are a lot of complex elements and i need a project that clearly demonstrates any bug, as it's not very obvious what was done to cause it and text posts don't do a good job explaining the issue, especially through a language barrier. All i can say is i tested switching between two layout and it works fine for me, so you must be doing something specific that I havent tried.

In general changing layout is a bit iffy with Q3D Master, so it's a good idea to just have one object that's global if possible, since Q3D Master will never be destroyed in this case, preventing some weird things from happening. Make sure multiple Q3D Master never exist simultaneously.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:12 am

@QuaziGNRLnose Thanks! It doesn't matter it's poorly done, I want to study how is done after all.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:14 am

@joannesalfa

The issue was that i was upset with how badly designed the C2 RTS template is, so it makes things difficult to improve since it's built on a bad foundation! If I did it again i'd make it much simpler/better.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:16 am

@QuaziGNRLnose, When I set material emissive color for an object having a diffuse map in v2.4, it doesnt multiply the diffuse map...rather the object is just showing the plain emissive color that is set. I remember that I read somewhere in the forums that when there are no lights in the scene and we want the object's diffuse map to be fully visible, then I need to set my material color as black and emissive color to full white so that the entire diffuse map appears on the model with no lights in the scene. This used to happen as mentioned in V2.3 but its not happening now...There cant be a chance that I am doing wrong in v2.4 because I am using the same code that worked earlier on v2.3 and I am using the same with V2.4...Not sure if this is some problem at my end or in v2.4

EDIT: I just crosschecked the above functionality with V2.3 re-installed and it works! It doesnt work in V2.4.
For game development / IT services contact - [email protected]

List of published iOS apps -
https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/ravi ... d693234511
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:14 am

@kmsravindra

must be a three.js change with how emissive multiplies then.

Instead of doing that just set the material type to "Basic" with a white color, it'll be fully lit. The "emissive" trick was a hack before different material types were available.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons