Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Tue May 12, 2015 7:13 pm

@andreyin

Here's an example of some various camera controllers set up in one capx using events:

Camera Controllers

You'll really need to look around online and learn some math about 3D vectors, trig, and rotation matrices to get a good idea of how to work in 3D and come up with these kinds of things. the plugin has helper functions like "look at" which are difficult to implement for beginners, but orbiting cameras require some knowledge of how vectors work.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 12, 2015 8:56 pm

QuaziGNRLnose wrote:@andreyin

Here's an example of some various camera controllers set up in one capx using events:

Camera Controllers

You'll really need to look around online and learn some math about 3D vectors, trig, and rotation matrices to get a good idea of how to work in 3D and come up with these kinds of things. the plugin has helper functions like "look at" which are difficult to implement for beginners, but orbiting cameras require some knowledge of how vectors work.

Thanks man!

By the way, I wanted to ask - are you Davioware with a new account, or is Davioware a team now? (Or maybe it was always a team and I never knew)

Edit for more questions:

I'm trying to add more lights to my scene but I don't see an option in the Q3D Master object. The weird thing is, if I copy this line (http://i.imgur.com/Noyl3yi.png) from an example to my project it works perfectly, but if I go to "add new action" I can't find a group called "LIGHTS / HEMISPHERE".
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 13, 2015 2:23 am

Me and davio are brothers and work on things together, weve always been a team

Those actions are deprecated, use the object "q3d light" instead.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 13, 2015 7:56 am

@QuaziGNRLnose

Is there another way for me to get the plugin then buying it with Paypal or creditcard?
I've been working more than a week trying to get money onto my account, but somehow my bank and paypal just don't mix.
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 13, 2015 1:40 pm

@littlestain

Thats all we have set up sadly. You could try a prepaid credit card from a general store/pharmacy maybe?
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 13, 2015 2:37 pm

QuaziGNRLnose wrote:@littlestain

Thats all we have set up sadly. You could try a prepaid credit card from a general store/pharmacy maybe?

I'm not even sure we have that here in the Netherlands, haha..

I can buy an empty one from my bank for about 15 euro's, but as I'm probably only going to use it for this purchase, that's a bit much..
I'll just keep trying to get the Paypal thing working..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 14, 2015 6:49 am

QuaziGNRLnose wrote:Its still extra overhead, and the string manipulation would be even slower than an if. Whats the issue with separate actions? Its essentially the same.

Q3DMaster is the most complex C2 plugin I have ever used, and I must say that it takes a lot of time to navigate among all those actions and find what you need. Particularly, I wouldn't mind to trade some micro optimizations for an easier to read event list. It would also make easier to refactor those events and quickly test different transform spaces. It may not seem like much, but when you can't count on the editor and have to do a lot through events, testing things all the time, every little speed up in development counts.
Scirra Employee
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 14, 2015 3:55 pm

Why not use the search the function to narrow down the actions?
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 14, 2015 5:26 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose

How can i add solid for object, which was created in Q3D master?
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 14, 2015 6:09 pm

@norman74

You can't do anything like that with objects created with Q3D Master, and you shouldn't really be using those objects very much since Q3D Models are better optimized in all cases for memory management / recycling. The objects created with Q3D Master are a remnant of the original system and are going to be deprecated eventually.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons