Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sat May 16, 2015 4:42 am

Dear @QuaziGNRLnose, I am sorry to ask you again, but am eagerly waiting on some fix for the visibility issue. Will be very glad even if you can help me just fix this one as I am waiting a production release to my client. Thanks a lot and really appreciate your help.
For game development / IT services contact - [email protected]

List of published iOS apps -
https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/ravi ... d693234511
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 17, 2015 11:32 am

@QuaziGNRLnose

Sorry for ask you 6 times in a row, but can you add "Apply froce/impulse at angle" for Oimo physics? How in official plugin.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 17, 2015 7:35 pm

@norman74

I have no idea what you mean. Use "apply force in direction". "angles" make little sense in 3D, you provide a 3D direction vector instead.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 18, 2015 11:44 am

@QuaziGNRLnose

Ok, thanks.

A have a new questions) - what is it???
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 18, 2015 6:55 pm

@norman74

Play with those settings and you can adjust the texture wrapping mode to have a variety of edge/texture repeat settings. your questions are too unclear for me to really help you.

"what is??!!" doesn't give me any information about what you want to know.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 18, 2015 6:58 pm

@norman74 the uvmap problem you have it might be because your previewing the model in debug mode, try disable debug mode, or q3dphysics debug model view,that worked on me

and also for your angle problem read this Topic

@QuaziGNRLnose can i ask if you go to the topic above and test the demo inside, there is a problem with it, when u click multiple times, and the force is applied on the white ball, sometimes, tends to jump in Y axes and go over other balls or over the table outside, is there a way to disable the y movement on the balls and stick to the table? i tried with gravity higher, instead of the default 9.8 i changed it to 200 same thing happens, i added platformer behavior, so it has a fall behavior and a harder gravity on Y axes, doesn't want to stick there,

Also wanted to ask from long time ago, so,... i made a 3d pool table object, that has pockets with holes, and a container labyrinth under it, that is supposed to drive the pocketed balls to a visible area like outer side of the pool table, i imported it, in my project, but the model doesn't work, do i do something wrong? or even better, if that wont work, since has to many polys i guess, and c2 is going to read it as being a box colider, is there a way to import a torus with a hole into it (doughnut shape) ? and and object to fall through it? but colide with the edges?
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am

Physics is very complicated/slow. To get good performance Q3D only supports spheres/boxes/cylinders. What you can do to get more complex shapes is combine multiple colliders by using overlapping physics objects. Q3D physics also supports compound shapes on a single object but it is advanced and technical to use, and must be set up in the event sheet. The capsule is an example of this. Try playing with the shape actions in the physics behaviour. I wish it were as simple as using the geometry as a collider but no games/engines do this and the performance would be horrible.

If you want the objects to stay constrained to the table you could try putting a frictionless immovable invisible box above the table that prevents this. Try playing with friction and elasticity and the various settings too. Mixing the behaviours is a terrible way to fix the problem, as they will interfere with each other and be very glitchy.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 19, 2015 9:47 am

@QuaziGNRLnose

Ok, i remember it) Just i'm from Russia and it so hard to speak English for me)
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 22, 2015 7:07 pm

QuaziGNRLnose wrote:If you want the objects to stay constrained to the table you could try putting a frictionless immovable invisible box above the table that prevents this.

the demo already has the top lid placed on top, and is still passing through, i increased a lot the gravity , and the height of the invisible lid, and the borders are actually huge and still sometimes, the white ball only, because when i click applies force to the raycaster pos. and for some reason its acting like the vertical axe is higher then normal il try fix it, thanks for the tips really helpful :) and keep up the good work :D

i did a condition to keep the vertical position of the balls on table at everytick but that also doesn't work, for some reason sometimes the ball just jumps up and i have a very terrible well balanced density and elasticity!

i think its a raycaster issue, the collision its detected higher then normal, and also wanted to ask what does the pass through allow function of the physics , and penetration things actually are? i increased allow penetration to 10 and the other 1 under left it at small as possible, its kinda working well now, but still guess its because of the c2 frame overriding the 3d plugin.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 26, 2015 4:48 am

Like to buy this plugin, looks amazing but have 2 questions:

1: is it difficult to create a game world like "Don't Starve" with this plugin, so we can just use sprites in place of 3d objects (like bill boards)?

2: is there a simple example how to do the basics like the ground texture, placing 2d sprite objects like tree's, buildings and characters?

Thanks in advance
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons