Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:30 pm

@purplemonkey

The shader system still has some issues that need to be fixed. The idea was to make stuff simple for things like AO but it was poorly designed for such things and needs heavy modifications.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:07 am

QuaziGNRLnose wrote:@miketolsa

take a look at the raycaster example for an idea of how the picking can be done. After you have a surface and point you can find the nearest grid position by using this trick (which works in 2D aswell):

X = round(xposition/cellXsize)*cellXsize
Y = round(yposition/cellYsize)*cellYsize
Z = round(zposition/cellZsize)*cellZsize

This finds the X/Y/Z of the "closest" grid cell to a specified X/Y/Z position in a non-grid coordinate

But i tried it still can't get it working just like the minecraft example @ threejs.org
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:18 am

when is exporting for android and other devices possible ?
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:00 pm

So, uh, what's the easiest way for a constant 3D GUI overlay? (I'm guessing I can't use 2D GUI methods)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:28 pm

@purplemonkey Just set q3dsprites relative to a position in front of the view port.
that way, the camera coords and rotation become the values you use for the sprites.

if this doesnt make any sense i apologize ive been up all night (working with q3d matter-of-factly) :P
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:23 pm

emartransformo wrote:@purplemonkey Just set q3dsprites relative to a position in front of the view port.
that way, the camera coords and rotation become the values you use for the sprites.

if this doesnt make any sense i apologize ive been up all night (working with q3d matter-of-factly) :P

Hmm, I want to use 3D object and not sprites, does this make a difference? I'm finding it a bit iffy to make a static UI with 3D objects that always follow the camera, even though it's rotating, always focusing on the player object as well as zooming in and out..
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:24 am

try adding the objects to the camera (making the camera the parent of the object). That should allow you to move the camera and the child objects will move with it.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:29 am

actually, I don't know if q3d allows you to do that (since you can't pick a camera when changing the parent), but three.js does allow it.. so might be something @QuaziGNRLnose could implement.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:44 am

@Purplemonkey
@Prominent

Although parenting to the camera seems like it should be a good solution for a UI, it allows objects to "penetrate" the UI which will look weird. Optimally you can use 2 Q3D Viewports, and create an extra scene with a fixed camera and your UI objects with a 0 alpha background, and layer that above a view-port for the main games scene. If you really need to parent objects to the camera just make an dummy object which sets angle/positon to the cameras x/y/z position and rotation, but again for a UI this isn't the best option.

If you use a Q3D Viewport, You can make the view-port small to make it render a smaller area if the UI is only something like a bar at the top, it doesn't have to encompass the entire area. For 2D ui's it's best to just use the construct 2 canvas as a "layer" itself with behind mode set on Q3D Master.

Using extra scenes is a bit weird but the main things you have to know is:

1. By default, everything is created in the scene named "Default", and this scene is picked.
2. To use another scene, you need to first create a scene with a unique name like "MyScene", similar to how multiple cameras work.
3. To add objects / change properties / do anything really with a specific scene, you need to pick it with the "Pick scene" action in Q3D Master, similar to how multiple cameras work.
4. Once the scene is picked, any actions that have anything to do with a scene will affect the "picked" scene. e.g. change background, parent an object to a scene, create an object, change fog, etc. the only exception are cameras which exist independently of any scene (they're global to all scenes, so they don't exist in any one scene).
5. To move objects between scenes you need to use the action that parents them to the scene in the hierarchy section. so you need to pick the scene you want to move them to first.
6. To affect the default scene again, just re-pick it with the "pick scene" action, the name it uses is "Default".
7. To rendering multiple scenes is as easy as writing the scene name / camera name in the viewport properties and layering them as you please. Semi-transparency won't render properly between viewports though due to renderer design.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:17 am

@purplemonkey could you please help me with minecraft example like on @threejs.org as i can't figure out the example as how to make it work with q3d plugin ?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons