Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:26 pm

brent_hamel wrote:
That definitely solved it!!! Awesome job, and thanks so much!! That should be a quick fix for Quazi! The C2 community is kinda the best imo :)

no problem! :)
btw, your game is looking really cool.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:53 pm

Prominent wrote:
brent_hamel wrote:
That definitely solved it!!! Awesome job, and thanks so much!! That should be a quick fix for Quazi! The C2 community is kinda the best imo :)

no problem! :)
btw, your game is looking really cool.

Well thanks :) it's using 2D top down logic atm, I'm playing with some concepts that I'd been working on in 2D top down already, to see if they'll translate to a first person perspective

All thanks to Q3D! Pretty sick stuff @QuaziGNRLnose !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:43 am

Prominent wrote:@brent_hamel , @QuaziGNRLnose
Okay I found a fix.
In the runtime.js of the Q3D Model, on line 3796 there is a typo;

this.mat.alphatest = alphatest;

It should be a capital T, like so;

this.mat.alphaTest = alphatest;

I also re-enabled the action in edittime.js on line 244;
changed
af_deprecated
to
af_none

Then I used the action to set the alphatest value to 0.5 on the model
I also set the transparency OFF as well on the model.

This should fix your issue @brent_hamel

Apparently judging by this comment in the edittime on line 241;
// these two weren't really having any effect in webgl renderer, so they're deprecated
You must have overlooked a typo, @QuaziGNRLnose , which is why it appeared not to be having any effect.
So if you fix the typo it will work again.

Main reason i disabled alphatest was because its tied to shader compilation (it doesnt use a uniform) i guess i should put it back though (the typo went unnoticed too hence that comment :p)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:49 pm

Nibel wrote:I wonder: is there any documentation explaining what all the variables of a 3D object stand for (Rz, Sx etc.)?

The C2 expressions menu should give you a simple explanation already.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:58 am

I ran into a problem. I imported some json models with morph animations from blender, and everything was great, until i tried to export my project. When it is exported the models won't load for some reason. Here is my capx:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54642312/3Dtest.capx
can someone tell me, what's going on?
Last edited by RadioMars on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:28 pm

I have a problem. No matter how much I try I will always end up with this glitched texture on one of my models.
I think it happens only on models that are pushed inside.
The glitch
Pushed inside

Simple cube with a fragment extruded into it bugs the same way. Am I the one making mistake? Is there any option I should use to fix it?
Changing textures, making them smaller/bigger, changing texture options like filtering/anisotropy/transparency, nothing can help

What should I do?

[EDIT] Fixed this bug with weirdest fix possible. Added more edges into disappearing face. Lost few days figuring it out, got the answer few minutes after asking for help...
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:17 am

hi
Excelent plugin.Bought it some days ago, to make a project that is waiting for some time... After read all pages and all things I found about the pluguin , I was sure it can do what I need.I have a problem that @Joannesalfa already commented in page 88. and the developer confirm that is possible to do.
I have a model , UV mapped, I created a texture for it at frame 0 with a animation name DiffuseMap. My model displayed correct in vieport, when I run my project. So I made a sprite with an action to Q3DMaster take a snapshot from my viewport when I touch on it, and I want my model load the snapshot and use this texture.
well , first a white box popup show the next message:

"the image file you are trying to use has not been loaded yet ( this take some time after load action ) or does not exist at all."

and my model don't load the texture.
I did a sprite that load the snapshot , just to debug, and it is work nice.
my model,is using an action from Advanced stuff on menu action "texture from Q3D" but don't work... so what I'm doing wrong? Could you do an example capx just to share with us. I believe this is a simple problem...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:39 am

@scotter

As with almost every game engine, faces on models in Q3D need to be triangles, since processing quads etc. would easily cause degenerate cases which are slow/difficult to handle in such a performance sensitive environment. Exporters have an option to "triangulate faces" which will do this automatically for you.

@alemar

I'm not really sure what you mean by

"So I made a sprite with an action to Q3DMaster take a snapshot from my viewport when I touch on it, and I want my model load the snapshot and use this texture.
well , first a white box popup show the next message:"

you're not really giving enough information.

You may have to wait a bit to make sure the snapshot url is fully created, you probably can't create the texture right away.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:07 am

ok
sorry my poor english. I´ll try show with images:

if I could load the snapshot on my model, it looks like this...

I know this looks weird, but is just for tests.
hope you can uderstand now
Last edited by Alemar on Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:28 pm

Sorry for offtop, but I just wanted to say, that models were not loading for me after export in latest unstable release of construct. After I installed r206, everything worked fine. I don't know what causes this issue and I hope it ceases to exist in future releases.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons