Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:47 pm

Ethan wrote:I know he's put a lot of work into it but i would have to advice anyone against buying this plugin at the moment.

Support is non existent, i've asked questions that never get a response.

There is no documentation.

The few examples that come with it use deprecated commands.

Yes it requires some understanding of 3d, which i have, but its still all just painstaking trial and error of each command, of which there are many.

Last I heard @QuaziGNRLnose was upset with the limitations for Plugins in Construct 2. Interaction with Q3D is cumbersome because of this. Maybe he's (she's?) waiting for Construct 3 for a overhaul.

And I REALLY hope that's the case, cause I'm learning to love this plugin, even with all limitations it has. I tried looking up what it would take to make a 2.5 D game in Unity and, God, what a pain. There's really nothing like C2 event system out there. I'd rather have limited 3D graphics in C2 instead of a powerful 3D engine I can't handle.
B
S

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:55 pm

pedroRocha wrote: I'd rather have limited 3D graphics in C2 instead of a powerful 3D engine I can't handle.

Agree ! !

But what ever the reason might be... he should write notice to all of us and not just leave... :(
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:26 am

pedroRocha wrote:
Ethan wrote:I know he's put a lot of work into it but i would have to advice anyone against buying this plugin at the moment.

Support is non existent, i've asked questions that never get a response.

There is no documentation.

The few examples that come with it use deprecated commands.

Yes it requires some understanding of 3d, which i have, but its still all just painstaking trial and error of each command, of which there are many.

Last I heard @QuaziGNRLnose was upset with the limitations for Plugins in Construct 2. Interaction with Q3D is cumbersome because of this. Maybe he's (she's?) waiting for Construct 3 for a overhaul.

And I REALLY hope that's the case, cause I'm learning to love this plugin, even with all limitations it has. I tried looking up what it would take to make a 2.5 D game in Unity and, God, what a pain. There's really nothing like C2 event system out there. I'd rather have limited 3D graphics in C2 instead of a powerful 3D engine I can't handle.

My problem isn't with the plugin specifically, its thats he's selling a product that has zero support or contact combined with no documentation. I guess i bought the plugin on good faith based on him being a long time user, and the fact that it's relatively inexpensive so was worth the risk (since there was no demo to try, which isn't possible with a plugin).

Theres always the risk using 3rd partly plugins that the developer will disappear, but its a little annoying when the product is being sold.

Personally i think @Ashley, @Tom should look into whether they should allow plugins to be sold on their forums like this without some input by themselves, i.e. outside the store. But at the end of the day no one forced me to buy it, i just want to warn others what to expect.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:00 am

@Ethan I'm in the same boat as you. I found this plugin to have great potential and pretty much assumed that it was going to be supported for a while so I bought it in good faith. It's not the end of the world but I'm pretty bummed that it's not getting the support that I had hoped for.

That being said, we could try tweeting Quazi or his brother for some information regarding future support and what not.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:37 am

@purplemonkey i hear what you're saying, but at the same time i don't want to chase him all over the internet or start posting on his personal pages.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:02 am

@Ethan I know, man.. I just couldn't find any other way of contacting them :/
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:06 pm

Apparently any use of the Opacity expression in a Q3Dsprite causes an error, because the expression doesn't exist in the runtime. You need to copy over the expression from the Q3Dmodel runtime into the Q3Dsprite runtime for it to work.
So if anyone runs into this problem, that's how you can fix it. :P
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:28 am

I'm extremely busy these days, and don't have any time to work on updates. Q3D is immensely complex and construct 2 is constantly upgrading so i can't get it to always work with the latest versions that release bi-weekly, but the SDK is too limited for me to take Q3D much further. I stated after the last large updated I wouldn't be around for a while because of other projects I needed to focus on. I have some builds with minor fixes, but it can't be expected that I'd be able to work on the plugin for years. It's already got a lot of functionality and isn't/was never meant to be a competitor to unity etc. just a supplement to construct 2. Q3D has most of the features you'd need for basic 3D games, but you can't expect it to have all the features of an engine like unity which is made by a huge team of people.

@ethan
I was working on a large "how to" manual this summer, but got caught up with other things and never finished it. Even in it's incomplete state it should be of help to some users, and covers some of the basics.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/829 ... 2-4_2.docx

I apologize for it abruptly ending and incompleteness, but I just don't have the time to write 100+ pages more at this time. I had hoped plugin users would themselves make examples and share them/help each other out in my absence.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:01 am

@QuaziGNRLnose

Thank you for your contact... if you can't maintain it any more... have you considered maybe to open it for community to continue the work on it?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:09 am

@QuaziGNRLnose

I'm not trying to pick a fight but to be fair you must have known what you were getting into when you created it, how difficult it would be, how frequently Construct gets updated and the limitations of the SDK. You must also have known how busy you'd likely be in the future with your studies or whatever. I certainly understand your reasons and can relate but if you're selling a product i don't think its a good enough excuse. Either make the situation clear or don't sell the product.

If you'd had a disclaimer on the plugins website and here on the front page of this thread saying you're pretty much done with it and use it "as is" then thats fine, and to be honest if that was the case i probably wouldn't have bothered buying it. I was never expecting unity, the plugin seems fine, but i was expecting some indication on how to use it.

As someone who did buy it i think i have a right to post my experiences, and only fair to warn other potential customers what to expect. You've posted what the situation is (something you should have done in the first place) and so people can decide for themselves now. I've had my say so i'll leave it at that.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons