Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:12 am

@aviata

http://blog.romanliutikov.com/post/6046 ... in-threejs

You'll need to look for three.js tutorials on how to export work and in blender. The Q3D changelog gives info on how to apply the bones/skeletal animation behavior.

Skeletal animation is tricky to get good results with if you're just getting started with Q3D and/or three.js, it'd be a good idea to familiarize yourself with the workflow a bit first by playing around.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:59 am

@QuaziGNRLnose

Is state of this plugin final or there might be some more updates in future?

Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:43 am

QuaziGNRLnose wrote:@aviata

http://blog.romanliutikov.com/post/6046 ... in-threejs

You'll need to look for three.js tutorials on how to export work and in blender. The Q3D changelog gives info on how to apply the bones/skeletal animation behavior.

Skeletal animation is tricky to get good results with if you're just getting started with Q3D and/or three.js, it'd be a good idea to familiarize yourself with the workflow a bit first by playing around.

I have no problem in 3D modeling. I understand all the pipeline.
I need the work flow in q3d. I'm stuck after importing the 3D model.

I'm trying to achieve:-
With keyboard plugin ->Press W -> Animate skeletal animation.
B
S

Post » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:53 pm

you need to apply a skeletal animation behaviour to the model, and insert a Q3Dbone object. Make sure the Q3Dbone has a name which matches up to the name in the skeletal anim behaviour. From there running an animation through actions should be pretty straightforward.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:34 pm

Anyone know how to export multiple animation (to one .json file) through blender? I did get a single animation to work however I cannot for the life of me get multiple animations to export correctly..
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:16 pm

Sadly, the exporter doesn't support exporting multiple animations yet. (And I have a feeling that it never will. For some reason nobody is willing to work on the code anymore. I would if I was a coder.)

You have to export a separate json file for each of the animations your character has, and then combine them manually in a text editor like notepad++. It's pretty self-explanatory if you just take a look at the model files from some of the Q3D example files, like the Quake-style mercenary guy.
Last edited by wiimote on Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:02 pm

wiimote wrote:Sadly, the exporter doesn't support exporting multiple animations yet. (And I have a feeling that it never will. For some reason nobody is willing to work in the code anymore. I would if I was a coder.)

You have to export a separate json file for each of the animations your character has, and then combine them manually in a text editor like notepad++. It's pretty self-explanatory if you just take a look at the model files from some of the Q3D example files, like the Quake-style mercenary guy.

That's what I thought. I tried doing just that and thought I was doing everything right until I hit a javascript error when trying to run it. I guess I'll keep trying, thanks for the help!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:18 pm

Yea, the three.js exporters are pretty bad with regards to animations, but they're all thats available at the moment. If i knew how to write one I would, but writing exporters isn't something i'm familiar with sadly.

The community developing three.js have been making some big changes to how animation works with the API, so hopefully a better exporter will come along eventually. Three.js has moved along from when I last updated Q3D (development on three.js kind of stagnated at V-71 which Q3D currently uses) so hopefully when I get some free time I can update the plugin a little bit to fix some of the bugs which v-71 / chrome have.

You should be able to just copy paste things like the quake guys, but obviously you need to be careful with the syntax.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:52 pm

Making a kind of "elite" inspired wireframe space exploration game. Having trouble with rotating the ship then traveling in that new direction. I guess its getting that curving trajectory when moving.

Feel free to help :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:56 pm

@railslave

there are expressions to get the normalized world space components of the "local" directions (i.e. the components of the rotated xyz frame defined by the axis helper) for exactly this kind of thing. you can also just use the "translate (local space)" action.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons