Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:25 am

remy-jay wrote:Hi All.

This may well be described in one of the 151 pages in this thread, and if it is, my apologies...

I'm just getting started with this plugin and am trying to do something seemingly simple -- I'm trying to place a 2D image (.png) onto a 3Dplane. I've created an exported .obj file from Blender that uses a .png a file as texture for a Blender plane and everything can correctly in Blender. HOWEVER, when I try to load said .obj file into C2 (using the Position_and_Rotation_Actions demo this plugin comes with) I can't seem to get the Q3DModel to render -- the image's texture is not displayed. (I've set "Use Model" to Yes, and set "Model Materials" to Yes while also importing the OBJ file into the C2 Files folder)

Would someone be able to put a quick .CAPX together that accomplishes this? Perhaps this can even be done programmatically in C2? I'm not picky..

TD;DL: I have an 2D image I want to paste onto a 3D plane using this plugin

Cheers!

-Remy

To actually Get a model in that is textured you don't need any code at all.

You just need to import the model >> assign a texture to it via the animations panel Q3D Model object
    Double click your Q3D model object in the object viewer (so it brings the image viewer)
    Then go to file > open and find the texture you want to show on the model.
    The most important thing is that you name the default animation to "DiffuseMap" and then run your project and it should work fine.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21548024/texturing.capx

I can't post urls so put https:// at the front of the URL above for a CAPX

UPDATE
-------------------
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21548024/test/index.html

Add https:// to above for preview
B

Post » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:09 pm

This may well be described in one of the 151 pages in this thread, and if it is, my apologies...

I'm just getting started with this plugin and am trying to do something seemingly simple -- I'm trying to place a 2D image (.png) onto a 3Dplane. I've created an exported .obj file from Blender that uses a .png a file as texture for a Blender plane and everything can correctly in Blender. HOWEVER, when I try to load said .obj file into C2 (using the Position_and_Rotation_Actions demo this plugin comes with) I can't seem to get the Q3DModel to render -- the image's texture is not displayed. (I've set "Use Model" to Yes, and set "Model Materials" to Yes while also importing the OBJ file into the C2 Files folder)

Would someone be able to put a quick .CAPX together that accomplishes this? Perhaps this can even be done programmatically in C2? I'm not picky..

Cheers!

-Remy

Make sure your model is divided into tris not quads (Q3D can only display triangles) there should be an export option to do this automatically. Also "model materials" should be off, it's a special feature to load material information out of the model and required special setup. Instead apply textures / materials with actions and the animation editor.

heres an incomplete manual:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpn0mbh4m7lo9 ... .docx?dl=0
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:09 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose can you please convert your manual to a DOC or PDF Format, iam using openoffice and iam unable to open it.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:46 pm

@totoe

you should be able to view it online or convert it yourself using google docs. busy atm.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:57 pm

Tried rendering the 3d behind C2 canvas, still no luck with a 2d HUD. Any ideas ? Would it take a "3d sprite" being placed on the camera every tick ?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:06 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose Are .Rx , .Ry, .Rz expressions working correctly? I remember you saying something about them returning radian instead of degrees a while ago, is this still happening? Because I seem to be having trouble with them at the moment..

railslave wrote:Tried rendering the 3d behind C2 canvas, still no luck with a 2d HUD. Any ideas ? Would it take a "3d sprite" being placed on the camera every tick ?
Try setting "render mode" to "inside", add a layer for UI, make it transparent and that should work fine.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:43 am

@purplemonkey

hmm, I don't think they're in radians, but i honestly can't remember. It's fixed in my current version but I dunno about V2.4, the rotation order may be strange though.

@railslave

You need to make sure the layers are transparent for "behind" to work.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:36 am

@QuaziGNRLnose no problem, converted it online! thanks for the manual.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:31 am

nadakbar wrote:

Cheers!

-Remy

To actually Get a model in that is textured you don't need any code at all.

You just need to import the model >> assign a texture to it via the animations panel Q3D Model object
    Double click your Q3D model object in the object viewer (so it brings the image viewer)
    Then go to file > open and find the texture you want to show on the model.
    The most important thing is that you name the default animation to "DiffuseMap" and then run your project and it should work fine.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21548024/texturing.capx

I can't post urls so put https:// at the front of the URL above for a CAPX

UPDATE
-------------------
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21548024/test/index.html

Add https:// to above for preview

Thanks for the awesome example @nadakbar :D
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:29 pm

QuaziGNRLnose - great to hear you'll be resuming development of Q3D - two quick questions as I'm about to start a new project with it:

-are there any incompatibilities/issues between the latest version of Construct2 and Q3D 2.4?

-if so, what is the version of C2 to use with 2.4?

Thanks.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons