Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:16 pm

how do i get bones onto my model and add animations?
B

Post » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:07 am

@QuaziGNRLnose, I think it will be good if Q3D plugin could support exporting the models created to a 3D printing output format. As an usecase, I wanted to create an educational app where the user can create custom molecular structures inside the app and then I want to provide an ability for the user to 3D print the model that he/she creates. I believe threejs already has this feature as I have seen threejs editor supports exporting models created in the threejs editor. So it could be a matter of extending that feature to Q3D plugin...I am not sure how difficult/easy that would be but it will be definitely an interesting enhancement to the Q3D plugin. Please let me know.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:16 am

QuaziGNRLnose wrote:slopes aren't a bad idea ........

thats the least of the problems with Q3D really... what i see very important is that the plugin relays on obj's and json files... which do work well but... animation embeded inside them is something that doesnt work properly... i mean it loads .. works and all just i wish i could load a full DAE model with all its animations that have 5 mb with around 500 frames ... but instead... i get 1 animation 30 frames 50 mb ... on a low poly ... :( if wold be another format .. wold be around 10 kb ... unless i use the old Half Life models ... i cant do nothing ... and MS3D seems has no threejs exporter... and if it has the size of animation will still be big ... cause the exporter isnt polished... and binary is to heavy... not sure if that makes any sense for u pple but it does a lot for me ... this plugin actually can be used for browser and mobiles... if the models and animations woldnt be so Huge / High resource consumers ...

can we get some hints on how u made the animations to be so small? but i also see mesh animation there which is ugly .... and 86' ish :(
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:47 am

Does Q3D plugin support creating and using vector3 as in threejs ( for example -->
var matrix = new THREE.Matrix4();
matrix.extractRotation( mesh.matrix );

var direction = new THREE.Vector3( 0, 0, 1 );
matrix.multiplyVector3( direction );

kind of stuff ?)

Given two thin cylinders ( representing vectors) in 3D, I wanted to align a plane that contains these two vectors. I am unable to find the relevant expressions in the plugin in this regard. The lookup vector / look towards conditions doesn't seem to help (or atleast I am unable to understand to use them for this purpose). Any pointers?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:38 pm

Exporting from blender to threejson problem
Im trying to export 3d model with amature and animation.
Im getting "Amature is not a mesh object" error.
How to fix that?
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:07 pm

Hey, I know you're drowning in questions, but I gotta ask. Can I make a 2.5D game with this? I mean pre-rendered backgrounds with parallax scrolling all that regular C2 stuff but with 3D characters?

Also can I make unshaded characters but tint their colors? Like when a cartoony flatshaded character goes into shadow and goes dark and tints to the colors of the shadows.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:39 pm

Any one else had issues exporting to node with this ? (could be the other things i'm using :Ie requesting text to speech, ajax stuff)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:18 am

QuaziGNRLnose wrote:@polygallon

slopes aren't a bad idea, but adding a collision shape to the physics engine is actually *VERY* complicated [...]

Something like this?

Thanks.

Hasuak wrote:Hey, I know you're drowning in questions, but I gotta ask. Can I make a 2.5D game with this? I mean pre-rendered backgrounds with parallax scrolling all that regular C2 stuff but with 3D characters?

Also can I make unshaded characters but tint their colors? Like when a cartoony flatshaded character goes into shadow and goes dark and tints to the colors of the shadows.

Yes, you can.
Last edited by Polygallon on Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:56 am

do you have any tutorial? if you dont, will you make it?
and where can i find 3d model for Q3D?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:06 am

@QuaziGNRLnose It seems that there's some kind of issue with Q3DOimoPhysics and the "Physics body". If I have "Debug body" enabled and add/remove change shape/size everything seems to work fine but as soon as I disable "Debug body" the "Physics body" reverts to its default form.

Has anyone else come across this issue?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons