Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:02 pm

What sort of collisions do you have in mind, @mxwring ? Will you be using a tilemap?
You could for example use a tilemap to represent colideable areas, and have a regular Sprite, to collide with the tilemap. Then you could position the q3dsprite to the Sprite's position. It also would get more complicated if you want to be able to jump ontop of stuff or walk underneath things- in which case, a tilemap may not be enough. If that's the case, I'd probably create my own collision checks using the q3draycaster against a 3d model that represents the colideable area.
But yea.. depends what you have in mind I guess.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:57 am

I can see I haven't given this enough thought lol. Camera rotation is probably most important to me? Without that I might as well just stick with 2d. Lemme think on what kinda system i oughta
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:54 am

@blurymind

Collisions between C2 and Q3D dont make sense. They have different camera setups, and Q3Ds collision system is completely different than the one C2 uses., you can either use an invisible Q3D model for collisions, in a container, or use an invisible sprite for collisions with a Q3D object for display. If u need collisions on a Q3D sprite just add a Q3Dmodel in a container... Its actually NOT trivial to add collision support on Q3D sprites, and theyre not meant to be lightweight objects just for display, since you always can just tie them to a dummy Q3Dmodel if u need collisions.

In anycase, i really dont see why you need 2D coordinates if youre making a 3D game, except for very specific UI overlays. Try to rethink what youre attempting, why do you need the 2D coords so bad instead of using Q3Dsprites.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:25 pm

thats as far as i am
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:41 pm

Example of some stuff that might help give you some ideas.
enemy sprite stuff
enemy creation sprite stuff
camera position stuff..
Forum post might cutoff the side of it, so you can open them in their own tab to see full image.

B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:52 pm

Wooooooooah okay cool i am immediately on this!
Thanks so much, this is super helpful!
Let me set to this and if I can't get there on my own i will come back with panic and accusations
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:43 am

Also, I used Models instead of q3dsprites, because with models you can set orientation, whereas with q3dsprites they always look straight at the camera. The models are a flat plane with the uv set to cover the whole face of the plane, then you add the animation to the model.
This is so that I could have them stand straight up from the ground, regardless of camera angle.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:04 am

K. I'm still going in on this and that is super helpful, thank you. Are you open to the possibility of me paying you for maybe a capx with features like that so i can have a quicker jumping off point? I'm much more of an artist and the degree to which i'm struggling now indicates i may need to prioritize art for 3d.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:28 am

You could pm me a list of the features you'd want in the capx, and what you'd be willing to pay, and I can look it over and see if it is something I'd be willing to do.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:32 am

First of all , thanks Quazi for this amazing plugin that in my opinion really deserves to be purchased. I’m working on a 2D/3D side scrolling game with 2d sprites and 3d background, and I’d like to know if there is a way to visualize different viewports on different levels, so I can place 2d construct sprites (not q3DSprites) in between 2 viewports and make a 3d foreground. Thanks in advance.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons