Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:52 pm

Thanks R0J0, that makes sense. If I can manage to implement that, I suspect I'll be able to improve my collision handling. At the moment I use a lot of little raycasts clockwise and counter-clockwise to imitate a circular collision check, but it isn't accurate enough and also probably overkill.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:51 am

Hi
I wanted to know if with this plugin you can create a game similar to Minecraft :?: :
1) A map (cubes) randomly generated
2) Save / load your current game
3) Destroy the cubes
4) Inventory
5) Crafting
6) AI of the enemies
6) Combat
etc. :?
Is this project hard?
thank Angiel
B
S

Post » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:05 am

Angiel wrote:Hi
I wanted to know if with this plugin you can create a game similar to Minecraft :?: :
1) A map (cubes) randomly generated
2) Save / load your current game
3) Destroy the cubes
4) Inventory
5) Crafting
6) AI of the enemies
6) Combat
etc. :?
Is this project hard?
thank Angiel

Hi Angiel,

It depends on how much knowledge you have on the eventing system in Construct 2 and the Q3D plugin.

Let me reply to you in the same steps you asked...

1) Do you have knowledge on Arrays? You need to be able to link it with the XYZ-axis, adjust the coordinates, and also; How big do you want to make your game? Do you have modeling/ texturing knowledge?
2) There is a save/ load system in Construct 2, but you'll need to edit it to make it work with the array system.
3) Make the 3d object in the array part of a family and make sure every different kind of block has different ID's(using family variables?) so you will be able do destroy an individual block from a family by using conditionals.
4) Arrays, Variables, Link a database to each item in the array. Arrayception ;P
5) Conditions using Arrays.
6) Use on overlap, or compare 2 values conditionals, etc...

In my opinion I can tell you it's easier to make a Minecraft like game in Construct 2 than in Unity.
But I don't recommend doing this if you are a beginner, as you would also need to edit the renderer to make the game perform well(which is hard to do). Unlimited land generation with collision detection and things like that is very heavy on your CPU, so keep that in mind.

This would also take a long time to make, considering the time it took developing Minecraft, and perfecting it.
I already struggle with making my models and textures work after importing them to Construct 2, even though I correctly have imported the files being sure they're linked well together.

Final answer, do not let this stop you, but hold off on beginning with a project like this until you have a lot of experience using a lot of different behaviors in Construct 2, because this will test your knowledge and patience.

Cheers!
B
S

Post » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:25 am

Hey All,

anyone were successful yet in converting FUSE Models into a format this plugin can read (also the animations?).
This would be really helpful :)

(I'm just too bad in modelling and animating manually)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:16 am

Ubivis you not only one in I'm just too bad in modelling and animating manually I am too
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:14 am

@Mittertainment.... thanks for the reply.
My knowledge of Construct 2 is average, perhaps the 2D project is easier to achieve :? (like Terraria).
B
S

Post » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:37 am

@Angiel

That would be a better option! Good luck on that! ^^
B
S

Post » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:50 pm

Any people that have game projects and can submit tutorials about Q3D, please suggest to be listed in this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=183&t=179570

Here you can make tutorials about Q3D:
https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/submit
My Bitcoin address: 1NG9VKTZzA3patBrWySA4qRWcuKyYkhtfc
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:22 pm

Where is updates?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:24 pm

norman74 wrote:Where is updates?

Bloody good question. I'd pay to see some progress reports let alone get the final 2.5 update.

C'mon, this isn't valve we're talking about :P
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons