Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:49 am

@QuaziGNRLnose

I love this plugin Quazi! I have done a lot with it already!

But if you're open to suggestions, could you code in a camera object (which you can place in the viewport, tweak using viewport controls, and of course, manually tweaking the Z-Position and angle)? This would make camera placing easier, as it's a big struggle for me to get camera angle and position right, since doing large scale projects requires me to place a lot of cameras. It would be very nice to have a visual cue to help me with placing those cameras. You could call it Q3D Camera! It would fit right in with the rest! ^^

Of course, I understand it's not as easily coded as it is said, but I think it will be better organised and easier for many to make use of cameras if you make an individual object for it.
That aside, I'll say again, i'm very satisfied with the plugin because it makes Construct 2 even more limitless!

Thank you for the time you put into this plugin Quazi, it's much appreciated!
B
S

Post » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:31 pm

@Mattertainment, looks good! The reason there is no camera object is because the cameras have special privileges that are difficult to seamlessly integrate with construct in a way which will interact between plugins (like the viewport / q3dmaster etc.). If you're handling a lot of cameras, I'd suggest making some kind of dummy object using a Q3D point or Q3D model to control them.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:59 am

@QuaziGNRLnose

Thanks! :)
And yeah, I understand. Thanks for the suggestion! Why didn't I come up with that one earlier! :V

Just set X,Y,Z of the camera to the Q3D Point right?
Any way to link the camera's angle and tilt to the Q3D point? Because it uses different values for tilting and turning the camera.

(Edit: Never mind! Silly me, I could just use the look at function. :roll:)
B
S

Post » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:46 pm

Mattertainment wrote:@QuaziGNRLnose

Thanks! :)
And yeah, I understand. Thanks for the suggestion! Why didn't I come up with that one earlier! :V

Just set X,Y,Z of the camera to the Q3D Point right?
Any way to link the camera's angle and tilt to the Q3D point? Because it uses different values for tilting and turning the camera.

(Edit: Never mind! Silly me, I could just use the look at function. :roll:)

I like to use two points that are in a container with each other, one for the target location and one for the camera location. Then it's easy to control things.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:58 am

@QuaziGNRLnose

Awesome! Thanks for the tip!

Sorry for throwing answers to you constantly, but I'm curious since Construct 2 is adding WebGL 2 support. This must be beneficial for Q3D, right? With promised/planned features like 3d texturing, Multiple Render Targets
and hopefully performance boosts, etc.?
B
S

Post » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:53 pm

Hello @QuaziGNRLnose
I use the last r240 beta version of c2 and meet this error even if i use your examples. How to fix that? Thanks.

B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:47 am

norman74 wrote:
I use the last r240 beta version of c2 and meet this error even if i use your examples. How to fix that? Thanks.

did, you modified the plugin on that line? on my end the q3d examples work perfectly.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:00 am

@gamecorpstudio

No, just opened it.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:45 pm

norman74 wrote:@gamecorpstudio

No, just opened it.

is that the Planet system example? i got a clear_Color error from long way back to R237 i think on that example, but for me it was because of the 1st condition being unable to clone the material for the "Sun" object.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:21 pm

@gamecorpstudio

That's in all examples. + Even if i add q3d main plugin at a new project.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons