Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:00 pm

I've searched and couldn't find an effective answer to the following question and since it's (remotely) associated with loading material assets, model JS'es and stuff, I thought here's as good as any place to post it. Since it could be found with a forum search if anyone else wanted to know about it. Anyway...

Does anyone here know how to effectively monitor the browser appcache "UpdateReady" event in C2?

Essentially, I want a "appcache is in progress" message to dissappear when "UpdateReady", but I tried with the browser object's "On offline ready" and "On update ready" events and they don't seem to work.

It would be great if it did work (or work consistently) so users would know if content/assets are being updated or not.

I did read in one response by Ashley that it's not guaranteed to work and is dependent on server responding with a content-length header. But before I go and do some server configurations to check, I'd like to post this question and see if any one of you delightful folks were able to get it working at all.

Seems straightforward from what it says in their event descriptions. But then again, I could be using it wrong.

EDIT: It works. But not sure why it doesn't when it doesn't.
I don't need a better iPhone, I need to be better.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:15 am

Powered by Q3D. For those of you who like racing and drifting -- indoors.
https://www.scirra.com/arcade/racing-ga ... acer-18933

Score the best time for you and country.
Forgive the inadequacies or lack of polish, had to make sacrifices :P
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:21 am

fuego96 wrote:Powered by Q3D. For those of you who like racing and drifting -- indoors.
https://www.scirra.com/arcade/racing-ga ... acer-18933

Score the best time for you and country.
Forgive the inadequacies or lack of polish, had to make sacrifices :P

Woohoo! Nice job!

It crashed when I tried to load it on my iPad, but I'm looking forward to trying it on a real computer.
www.simbucket.com - HTML5 Science Simulations / https://www.airconsole.com/#!play=com.n ... obotrumble - Robot Rumble on AirConsole
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:17 pm

cjbruce wrote:Woohoo! Nice job!
It crashed when I tried to load it on my iPad, but I'm looking forward to trying it on a real computer.

Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:15 pm

@fuego96, this is great!

I'm looking forward to the mobile version. :)
www.simbucket.com - HTML5 Science Simulations / https://www.airconsole.com/#!play=com.n ... obotrumble - Robot Rumble on AirConsole
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:48 am

cjbruce wrote:@fuego96, this is great!
I'm looking forward to the mobile version. :)

Hmm... maybe. Will have to redo a WebGL version of the listbox, which, is currently HTML/CSS controlled. Interesting to do nevertheless. Will try.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:57 pm

Here's my Q3D project from last week. It is part of my ongoing attempts to make a better simulator for my high school's robotics competition -- think "BattleBots", held in a high school with slightly smaller robots and $2000 budgets. Students were having trouble figuring out how to drive, so I designed this simulator to work with game controllers.

It supports 3 control schemes:
1. "tank" controls - left stick controls the left wheel / right stick controls the right wheel
2. "2-stick" controls - left stick forward/backward, right stick left/right
3. "single stick" controls - same as "2-stick", but with forward/backward/left/right all on the left stick

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55106174/robots/index.html

If you have 2 controllers, give it a try and let me know how it works!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:16 pm

@fuego
cool! Its fun to zoom around
@cjbruce
I like it! I did a lot of highschool robotics and had to be driver a lot, so I think its a great idea to make a little "training room"
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:06 pm

QuaziGNRLnose wrote:@fuego
cool! Its fun to zoom around

@QuaziGNRLnose, thanks.
That "set resolution" sure is great for performance tweaking on mobile. Especially since most are now running at a rediculous 2560x1440 resolution and their GPU's are often fill-rate limited.

@cjbruce
Useful simulation indeed. Wish I was in your class :-)
Progressing with the mobile version, the framerate is rather decent on 2560x1440 resolution devices (35 to 45fps) and exceptionally great on native 1920x1080 devices (above 40fps). It's not ready yet, just finished a swipeable custom list box for the country selection and now have to improve on UI visibility with Desktop versus Mobile modes. Shooting to put it on Google Play in a few days, maybe. Still finding out stuff that may have to get cut, such as back ray-casting to make walls transparent when camera is behind it -- uses much CPU and material/model transparency doesn't quite work on mobile.

The amusing discovery here is that, I thought the geometry would slow down everything, but nope. Even with just the ground floor and nothing else, it was the same FPS. Now adding back the extra collision meshes for the stairs :-)
Last edited by fuego96 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons